NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Enes Kanter shoe game
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Enes Kanter will the huge W.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I had to do some digging because I don't know who this player is or who his dad was. It turns out this player's dad is not the NBA star from the 70s, but a guy who shot and killed an 11 year old girl, and then later died in a bar fight.

Morons are accusing the announcer of doing this intentionally. No fucking way does anyone do this intentionally without knowing that's an automatic career killer. More sensible people are saying it was probably a mistake, but he should have been prepared. That's the take I agree with.

Oh, and some asshats are trying to make it a racist issue, and one black dude shut it down by pointing out that if the announcer was truly ignorant of who KP Jr's dad really was, then the people accusing him of racism are the ones being racist. Facts.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA player and his wife have their feelings hurt.

Listen, I get how "death wishes" are way past the line, but "Westbrick" is just a joke about your name. Get over it. Don't like it? Quit playing or get better. You have zero right to tell people not to criticize your playing or link a basketball term into your name.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Go watch the final play of the Celtics-Nets game 1 from today. One of the best team basketball plays I've ever seen in the NBA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:20 pm Go watch the final play of the Celtics-Nets game 1 from today. One of the best team basketball plays I've ever seen in the NBA.
Wow... passing!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:00 am
Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:20 pm Go watch the final play of the Celtics-Nets game 1 from today. One of the best team basketball plays I've ever seen in the NBA.
Wow... passing!
Basically, yes.

One of the reasons the NBA is unwatchable is because it became iso basketball exclusively. That and them ignoring 25% of the rules of bball...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Another way players can game the stupid NBA draft rules.

Dude never played a minute and is going to be a lottery pick. All he did was eat up a scholarship another kid could have gotten.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:00 pm Another way players can game the stupid NBA draft rules.

Dude never played a minute and is going to be a lottery pick. All he did was eat up a scholarship another kid could have gotten.
I have no issue with it, but I'm unclear on what happened.

He graduated May 2021, but joined Kentucky in the Spring of 22? I mean, anything that fucks Kentucky is fine :) Kentucky took the risk on him, and it didn't work out. They get that scholarship back for 22-23 so they can hit the portal if they want.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:21 pm I'm unclear on what happened.
Based on the article I think everyone is?

Also, getting the most out of doing the least? He'll fit into the NBA perfectly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:51 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:21 pm I'm unclear on what happened.
Based on the article I think everyone is?

Also, getting the most out of doing the least? He'll fit into the NBA perfectly.
I guess he made it look like he graduated in December to join the team in Spring, but really graduated in June, and thus was NBA eligible?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

You still have to go to college for a year? Unless maybe you only have to be a certain age?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:16 pm You still have to go to college for a year? Unless maybe you only have to be a certain age?
You have to be 19 and 1 year separated from high school, iirc. College is a path, but so is the junior league / international.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Here's a shocker: KD wants a trade out of Brooklyn.

Imagine that! Pairing up with a flat Earther with delusions of grandeur didn't plan out. Who saw that coming except for everyone?

I'd take him in Boston, but not at the expense of Tatum, Brown, or Horford.