NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Cavs 8-3
Lakers 2-9
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Spain is the new #1 in the world basketball team.

Weird how a teams that play as a team in a team sport do better than a FAR more talented team with a bunch of selfish people playing iso ball.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:32 pm Cancer wants to be traded.
Traded to the Mavs.

This is enjoyable to me because Lebron signed a big deal with the Lakers. They promised him they would do anything to become winners and stack the team for him. He really wanted Kyrie there, but the Lakers simply have no assets left to make trades. Fuck Lebron and Kyrie. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Having conquered the NFL, the Haslams buy half of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Is there a serial rapist in the NBA they can overpay? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:50 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:32 pm Cancer wants to be traded.
Traded to the Mavs.

This is enjoyable to me because Lebron signed a big deal with the Lakers. They promised him they would do anything to become winners and stack the team for him. He really wanted Kyrie there, but the Lakers simply have no assets left to make trades. Fuck Lebron and Kyrie. :D
Mavs doomed
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Kyrie is a cancer.

It really says a lot that he's well liked by players if you believe that athletes are generally on the stupid side. This is a person who puts himself first always. He always prioritizes himself over teams, teammates, etc. He's someone who believes himself to be intellectually superior, yet he thinks the Earth is flat and tweeting/recommending anti-Jews propaganda was a great idea.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:41 pm I don't think this is ok.
Lol, I think it's hilarious. I used to do the same thing at UNC games. Different scream, but as distracting as I could manage.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I don't like it because:
1. Fans get thrown out for just talking trash to players. (Even when they don't use racial slurs.)
2. If this is ok, it's going to become a thing.
3. Why couldn't the home arena announcer scream over the PA for all free throws?

I get that her timing was really good, but if it legitimately affected the opposing players to the degree implied, then there's a problem. That would mean it's not in the spirit of the game or good sportsmanship. Plus, how long before someone is trying to mimic her success while live streaming themselves?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:03 pm 2. If this is ok, it's going to become a thing.
People try all sorts of things to rattle free throw shooters.
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:03 pm 3. Why couldn't the home arena announcer scream over the PA for all free throws?
Because there are rules and that would be super dumb.
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:03 pm I get that her timing was really good, but if it legitimately affected the opposing players to the degree implied, then there's a problem.
The problem would be that the shooters suck.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:07 pm People try all sorts of things to rattle free throw shooters.
I know they do, but this seems to actually affect the player. BTW, my favorite was the guy with the giant blown up picture of his own face.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:07 pm Because there are rules and that would be super dumb.
But how is that different? For example, it is against the rules for someone to have a fog horn and blow it to do the same thing. Her fog horn just happens to be within her.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:07 pm The problem would be that the shooters suck.
I mean, they're the Bulls...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:13 pm I mean, they're the Bulls...
Yeah, OK, so we're saying that some magical fighter dude makes France surrender at all wars, instead of France just being cheese eating surrender monkeys?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I don't get the reference, but fair point!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Dumars explains that Green's history warrants a playoff game 3 suspension.

The dude, literally, stomped on another player's chest as the player was on the ground. This is a player known for punching and kicking other players in their dicks during games.

Fuck him and fuck everyone trying to defend his antics that have no place in the game. He should be suspended for the rest of the series, which might only last two more games...
Cakedaddy

NBA

Post by Cakedaddy »

There's irony in Joe Dumars calling out a player for being excessively violent, no?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Considering he was part of the "Bad Boys"? Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »