NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Reminder: The NBA is made up of mostly African Americans, most of whom are speaking out about social justice. Meanwhile China is easily one of the most oppressive countries in the world and has slavery.

Back to the poll, you're probably right considering Disney took one on the chin for Mulan.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The NBA is made up of mostly African Americans, most of whom are speaking out about social justice. Meanwhile China is easily one of the most oppressive countries in the world and has slavery.
I don't think that's really a reminder for anyone here :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I think it would be a shocking reminder to a lot of people, including people in the NBA.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

That tweet was funny.

What was funnier (weirder?) was seeing the replies like "TB, you're in the top 10 athletes in your game, unlike Lebron" <-- I have to assume this is just a troll. The debate is whether or not Lebron is the best or 2nd best, afaik.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The debate is whether or not Lebron is the best or 2nd best, afaik.
Correct.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Morey steps down as Houston's GM.

This is a huge win for the NBA. If you remember, Morey was the guy who tweeted support for Hong Kong or Tibet and started the whole mess with China. Now the NBA can suck up to China, the most evil country in the world, while also condemning whitey here at home.

Oh wait, the NBA already announced they were ending all social justice stuff considering their ratings are below the sewer.
Cakedaddy

NBA

Post by Cakedaddy »

But they did have incidents. Good for them that they made it through a few games (the play-offs) without any, but they did have them prior. So sports still spreading COVID!
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote:
But they did have incidents. Good for them that they made it through a few games (the play-offs) without any, but they did have them prior. So sports still spreading COVID!
And that incident was right when the bubble was formed. Thus, it doesn't really mean shit. After that, no incidents.

I think you need to check your math. When you segregate hundreds of people, test them daily, and limit their access to the outside world, how are they spreading a virus none of them have?
Cakedaddy

NBA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: how are they spreading a virus none of them have?
By repeatedly breaking protocol. You keep using "They broke the rules, so it doesn't count" as a defense. It's like saying "There are no traffic deaths. Well, except for when a driver breaks the law".
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote:
By repeatedly breaking protocol. You keep using "They broke the rules, so it doesn't count" as a defense. It's like saying "There are no traffic deaths. Well, except for when a driver breaks the law".
The NBA players were never breaking protocol.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote:
The NBA players were never breaking protocol.
Yep, and after the initial cases inside the bubble there were no more.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Harden turns down $50M/year deal.

Sometimes professional sports are really, really stupid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Harden turns down $50M/year deal.

Sometimes professional sports are really, really stupid.
I mean, I wouldn't want to be in Houston either.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Philly traded Al Horford to OKC for some players. His sister shares some of the tweets she has received from Philly fans since that news broke:
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The latest Bill Bert podcast had a guy on responsible for the Whistleblower podcast. It's very, very much worth listening to if you like vast conspiracies tied to power and money. Even if you're not an NBA or even sports fan, you will appreciate the evidence, how everything was pulled off, the business behind it, how a corporation thwarts the feds, and so on.

It's all about how the NBA is just professional wrestling, except with a basketball. How pretty much everything from the 80s and 90s happened because that's what the NBA wanted. Which former officials from that time have "lifetime" employment with the NBA. And so on.

Basketball is the easiest sport to fix, and apparently that is exactly what's been happening for decades.

I'm just starting that Whistleblower pod, but give the Bill Bert one a listen (should be the one from Wednesday, November 25th). The guest is Tim Livingston.

In different news, Stranger's favorite sports personality, Colin Cowherd, has an interesting theory on why the NBA is really struggling to connect with an audience right now. He addresses the ridiculous super teams flocking to big markets, the game changing to essentially be H.O.R.S.E., how the players seem to be running the league, and all the SJW stuff. However, he believes that the NBA allowing players to avoid college is destroying most people's interest.

People love college basketball, and root for their preferred school. March Madness comes along and introduces the whole country to players on teams they normally wouldn't watch. However, with players leaving high school and heading right to the NBA or the G League nobody knows who these players are, and thus, they have to become LeBron James to get popular. And nobody is going to watch the G League. Who gives a shit about pro leagues filled with people not good enough to be in the NBA, and where rosters will fluctuate wildly?

I don't think it's the only factor, but he has a good point. I saw a listing of the most recent NBA draft, and I didn't know who anyone was except for the other Ball brother.

Stern was definitely smarter than Silver by requiring at least a year of college. He knew getting these players exposure to the college audience was important to building stars. Imagine Zion going right to the NBA or the G League. Still drafted by New Orleans, does anyone know who he is at this point besides only basketball purists?

Newspapers are dead. Nobody is watching Sportscenter. The only thing people reliably watch is live sports, and I agree that college basketball is the key to making stars in the NBA.