Boxing

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

I'd rather watch Rocky vs Thunderlips.

Fuck Mayweather's fraudulent career. He's the Apple of Boxing. All hype, no substance.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Let's show some respect to these guys.

Realizing his opponent was in trouble, his father told him to start working the body and avoid head shots. He, himself, also started stalling and throwing softer punches.

The dad was screaming at the ref to stop the fight.

I also really like that they aren't celebrating his title win until his opponent is recovered.

There's something very honorable about behavior like this in an ego driven combat sport.
n his third title defence on 26 March 2016 at Wembley Arena, which would have won him the Lonsdale Belt outright, Blackwell lost to Chris Eubank Jr. In a fast-paced fight, Eubank Jr. dominated the action using hard hooks and uppercuts, which eventually led to a bloody nose and a large swelling above Blackwell's left eye. Following the mid-way point and in the corner between rounds, Chris Eubank Sr. was heard to instruct his son to refrain from punching Blackwell in the head; Eubank Sr. himself knowing well the reality of traumatic injuries in boxing from his own tragic fight against Michael Watson 25 years prior.[11]
In the tenth round the referee summoned the ringside doctor to assess Blackwell, who in turn deemed him unable to continue due to the swelling on his head obstructing his vision, therefore handing Eubank Jr. the victory and title. Some minutes after the fight was stopped, Blackwell was given oxygen and taken out of the arena by stretcher.[12] He was later taken to St Mary's Hospital with bleeding of the skull (outside the brain) and placed in a medically-induced coma, but an operation was not deemed necessary.[13] The following weekend, he was brought out of the coma.[14] In April 2016, Blackwell announced his retirement from boxing via Twitter, but expressed his desire to be involved in the sport in some capacity.[15][16]
On 23 May 2016, Blackwell criticised the reaction of Eubank Jr. and his father, following the British middleweight clash which left him fighting for his life. Blackwell was said to have been hurt by the reaction of the Eubanks in the immediate aftermath, despite turning to Twitter to first claim there were no hard feelings. Speaking to ITV's Good Morning Britain, "I was just a little disappointed. If Eubank was in that situation, and he was in a coma, I would want to go and see him. The whole thing with the press conference [which the Eubanks held three days after fight], my family had begged them not to do it and they still went ahead." He added, "Anyone in boxing knows it was more of a tactical thing. He couldn't stop me to the head so he wanted to hit me to the body to try and get rid of me."[17]
Following Blackwell's comments, Eubank Jr. said he was shocked at the criticism he and his father received for holding a press conference when Blackwell was in an induced coma. Eubank Jr. said, "I can understand where this anger and dislike for me can come from. The truth is, I ended the guy's career. I've stopped him from making a living." He had believed there was no hard feelings about what happened, despite Blackwell's claims to the contrary.[18]
In October 2016, Blackwell received a boxing trainer's licence. In late November, he was again taken to hospital after falling seriously ill during a sparring session,[19] with an operation performed to reduce swelling on his brain.[20] An investigation of the events was conducted by the British Boxing Board of Control, following which a cruiserweight boxer and a trainer were both suspended from their roles after their involvement in the incident.[21] Blackwell's former trainer Gary Lockett was unaware of the sparring session. Blackwell's brother Daniel confirmed that he regained consciousness from the coma on 23 December.[22][23]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Blackwell Gordon link
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

If I'm reading that all right, and it's difficult because it's not written particularly well, Blackwell is having some problems accepting reality.

Makes me respect the Eubanks even more.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Boxing

Post by Malcolm »

The joke is scheduled.
Last edited by Malcolm on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

This is all about money. Shame on everyone that pays to watch it.

That being said, I hope MacGregor pulls off some miracle and knocks out Mayweather.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is all about money.
THE HELL YOU SAY!
Malcolm

Boxing

Post by Malcolm »

The blowback from this fight is hilarious, to people saying Conor doesn't last a round to current and former boxers destroying his right to be licensed let alone take on an experienced vet of the sport.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

Mayweather begs IRS for temp reprieve because he needs cash flow to pay debts.

Doesn't mean he's broke, just that his money is tied up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

Hundreds of tickets still unsold for the fight.

The cheapest seats are $3,500.

Go fuck yourself.
Malcolm

Boxing

Post by Malcolm »

That fight can eat a cock. It will end at Mayweather's discretion. If he wanted to go out in a blaze, he'd drop the leprechaun in the first round, announce his re-retirement, and walk out with both middle fingers up. I'd love to know how much graft was kicked back to get this exhibition match sanctioned.
Malcolm

Boxing

Post by Malcolm »

Floyd was courteous enough to give Conor 2 rounds of not looking like a complete fucking idiot. That was followed by 8 rounds of ass-whoopings of increasing severity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

That was one boring ass fight.

Connor did not embarrass himself, but Mayweather was never in trouble.

The ref definitely had orders to stop the fight quickly because Connor was in trouble, but not that much trouble. In fact, he had just gotten space away from Mayweather when the ref stopped it.

Best part of the fight is I didn't spend a dime to watch it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

Here's one I've never seen before...

Heavyweight making his return stops fighting to watch fight in crowd.

Good on his opponent for not taking a sucker punch while the big guy was looking into the crowd. It would have been legal, but really shitty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

Mayweather trying to fight Khabib. Dana White says no.

I think it's pussy Mayweather's turn to get into the Octagon. We've seen what he can do against a grappler in a boxing ring, under boxing rules, but let's do it vice versa this time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

Look at this impact.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by TheCatt »

That hurt me just to watch
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

This is real. He beat the shit out of the previous champ tonight. Knocked him out in the 7th.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »

From the 3rd round.
Leisher
Site Admin

Boxing

Post by Leisher »