Boxing

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

That's this article.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you have Facebook, check out Sugar Ray Leonard's page. He used the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight as an excuse to post "highlights" from his fight against Hagler.

The people who commented on it have restored a little of my faith in humanity. Sure, some folks defend him, but the vast majority of posts tell him he was great, but Hagler won that fight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Manny under the knife.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Boxing was always shady.

I love how the most iconic sports photo ever came from a possible fixed fight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Boxing was always shady.

I love how the most iconic sports photo ever came from a possible fixed fight.
I've seen slow mo footage of that fight and that exchange. It's extremely likely Ali caught him with a very quick, but very brutal shot.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

De La Hoya staying done.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mayweather will tie Marciano's record by fighting a guy who lost 3 of his last 6 fights.
Earlier this month, while declaring his son will tie Marciano’s record with a victory in the upcoming fight against Berto, Floyd Mayweather Sr. said Marciano fought “bums.”

“You look at Rocky Marciano’s record,” he said. “You will not find no name that ever stood out in boxing. Nobody but Joe Louis, and he was the old man.”

Hey Mayweather Sr., have you looked around at the state of boxing? There's nobody there. The sport is close to death. Your son has fought nobodies and never-will-bes his whole career. Every boxing expert on the planet calls him a fraud champ who doesn't fight anyone tough and runs in every match. He's a joke to the sport and a joke as a man outside of it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

That entire family is full of pricks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

That should make all the gamblers ecstatic.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Manny is a Jesus freak. I remain fucking amazed at the number of people who hold a handful of biblical verses to be inviolate, divine truth while the rest stay in the closest and collect dust.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I love that he's getting blasted in the MSM today for his words because he doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle, yet Mayweather continues to physically abuse women and nobody in the MSM gives a shit.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I love that he's getting blasted in the MSM today for his words because he doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle, yet Mayweather continues to physically abuse women and nobody in the MSM gives a shit.
Firstly, Floyd Mayweather isn't an actual politician. Secondly, his general image is that of a dick. Manny's wasn't. He was the dude you were cheering on to beat down the dick.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Wtf, Manny?
"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
"Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets."

I wish Floyd would have thrown some real punches.

Edited By Malcolm on 1455820298
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Magic Johnson:
Fans of all walks of life including gay fans supported May/Pac fight putting $100M in his pocket. I guess to him their money is still green.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let's show some respect to these guys.

Realizing his opponent was in trouble, his father told him to start working the body and avoid head shots. He, himself, also started stalling and throwing softer punches.

The dad was screaming at the ref to stop the fight.

I also really like that they aren't celebrating his title win until his opponent is recovered.

There's something very honorable about behavior like this in an ego driven combat sport.
Malcolm

Boxing

Post by Malcolm »

Oscar on Floyd v. Conor.