ESPN

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Announcer quits cushy job over head trauma fears...

maybe...
A former NFL player, Cunningham said he made the decision to resign after ESPN laid off a significant portion of its workforce in April but didn’t say at the time that his fears about the game’s safety were a part of why he was leaving.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN is becoming MTV or CNN

Post by Leisher »

Jemele Hill calls Trump "a white supremacist".

She anchors Sportscenter for them and it looks like her job is safe.

This is in the midst of criticism that ESPN has gone way left of center politically, shouldn't be talking politics at all, and why their ratings are in the cellar and the company is hemorrhaging money. By the way, they've also very publicly fired and/or suspended on air personalities that have expressed conservative viewpoints.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Saw a good point made about this Jemele Hill thing. How quickly do you think a white anchor would have been fired has they said "Obama is a Muslim and supports terrorism" on air?

Jemele HIll is the same person that said "rooting for the Boston Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim". Boston having a reputation of having white players and white fans makes that statement more revealing.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Calling your president a "white supremacist" won't get you fired, but suggesting fans boycott an NFL team's sponsors will.
GORDON
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by GORDON »

Don't fuck with the money.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Vince

ESPN

Post by Vince »

My understanding is that they aired one episode?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by GORDON »

Not liberal enough for a sports network?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

I have no context for that tweet?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Barstool president makes a statement.

I've only heard about them here and there. Based on this statement, I have to agree with Barstool Sports. This all makes ESPN look incompetent and like the old man screaming about kids on his lawn. They truly are letting the PC culture and liberals/progressives take over their company.

It doesn't take a high IQ to look at the direction their culture has been heading and understand how it relates to their falling ratings.

P.S. Now I'm surfing the Barstool Sports site, which is a place I've never been before, so good job ESPN!
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

ESPN's front page right now:

Fuck you ESPN.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

This is really weird, because that does NOT match my ESPN homepage at all. It must be individually tailored? I had to page down 5 times to see anything about the Balls (aside from the one bullet), and it was just one article.

Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

That's actually Bill Simmons' image, which makes sense. He's all about the NBA. He had to page down three times to see it.

I, proudly, don't see it at all on my page.

However, please make note of something...They have their own subsection, "The Ball Family". That's what grabbed my attention.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Jemele Hill at the center of yet another controversy.

When you read that, do so with the knowledge that SHE accused Berman of the racist shit and is now recanting.

The fact that ESPN still employs her says a ton about ESPN, and none of it is good.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Mike Greenberg says the Cavs-Warriors rivalry in the "greatest rivalry in all of sports", which is easily the stupidest thing I've heard in years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mike Greenberg says the Cavs-Warriors rivalry in the "greatest rivalry in all of sports", which is easily the stupidest thing I've heard in years.
Maybe the past 4 years...
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »