ESPN

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: ESPN is becoming MTV or CNN

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Curt Schilling blasting ESPN.

Says you couldn't talk about anything but sports unless you were liberal. Gives examples.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He also makes a claim that 99% of douchebags make:
The other piece that really jumped out at me was, people would talk — you know the green room where everybody hangs out. It's the ESPN version of the locker room. A lot of times people would be like, they would come up to me and whisper, 'Hey man, I'm with ya, I'm a Republican,' as if we were the secret card-carrying members of some group that couldn't be, that 'those who shall not be named.'
That people agree with him but not publicly.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:He also makes a claim that 99% of douchebags make:
The other piece that really jumped out at me was, people would talk — you know the green room where everybody hangs out. It's the ESPN version of the locker room. A lot of times people would be like, they would come up to me and whisper, 'Hey man, I'm with ya, I'm a Republican,' as if we were the secret card-carrying members of some group that couldn't be, that 'those who shall not be named.'
That people agree with him but not publicly.
Typically, I'd mostly agree with you to a point. "Guy makes extreme comments. Gets fired. Claims others agreed with him." I'm sure anyone in a situation like that would say, and possibly even believe, that people agreed with him/her. Hell, there probably would be people who agree, but maybe not in the numbers that person believes.

However, ESPN is a mainstream media outlet. It's been proven that the MSM has a liberal slant. We posted a study here years ago showing that the vast majority of people who work in the news identify themselves as left leaning. So why would ESPN be exempt from that? Despite it being focused on sports, these "journalists" still attend the same schools (another place proven to lean left).

Meanwhile, the left has done a great job of making it "taboo" to claim you're a Republican or agree with any of their policies. Anyone who does publicly is immediately labeled violent, dumb, a racist, etc.

So imagine having right leaning beliefs and working in an industry controlled by left leaning people.

Am I saying I 100% believe him? No. But I'm sure some others there have expressed similar feelings, but weren't so open to getting fired. I mean, "Silent Majority" isn't a new concept.

So maybe 99% of douchebags do make this claim. First of all, it doesn't make them wrong. Secondly, why doesn't that final 1% of douchebags make the claim? You'd think they'd learn from the other douchebags.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Meanwhile, the left has done a great job of making it "taboo" to claim you're a Republican or agree with any of their policies.
The Republicans of this country have decided to go with a shitty businessman and whore reality TV show host as their candidate. They deserve to be ridiculed mercilessly for it for the next 50 years. Conservatives, on the other hand, I'll cut some slack.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
Meanwhile, the left has done a great job of making it "taboo" to claim you're a Republican or agree with any of their policies.
The Republicans of this country have decided to go with a shitty businessman and whore reality TV show host as their candidate. They deserve to be ridiculed mercilessly for it for the next 50 years. Conservatives, on the other hand, I'll cut some slack.
Well, the PR campaign to turn Republican into a bad word has been going on for some time. Long before Trump. Plus, the entire party hasn't embraced him, so you can't paint them all for him.

My point about Schilling stands. I think he's very right wing and being a public figure should probably temper his posts and whatnot. He can talk about freedom of speech, but he's got to understand that his freedom of speech could cost him his popularity with the public, and thus, his job which relies upon the support of that public.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

We can break this off into the Republican party thread but...
Well, the PR campaign to turn Republican into a bad word has been going on for some time.
Yeah, since around 1929. I can't say the party's done a whole hell of a lot to shake that label.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

To the Dems credit, they've switched from "liberal" to "progressive".

But yeah, we're getting off topic.

ESPN sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hero teen shot dead while shielding others wins Arthur Ashe courage award.

I'm glad this young man was honored and not forgotten about because an Olympian from the 70s decided he feels like a woman.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A professional wrestler hosted the ESPYs and it was brilliant.

There's something magical about watching a room full of people who think they're better than everyone get cut down by someone they think they're better than.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

John Saunders died at 61.

I always liked him. Very professional and credible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Mike and Mike are breaking up.

ESPN is desperate and hemorrhaging money.
Troy

Re:

Post by Troy »

Malcolm wrote:
Vanilla Ice says that's totally different.

Patents have been given based on smaller differences.
And those people made shitloads of money, too. Patents are weeeeiiird.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN is becoming MTV or CNN

Post by Leisher »

ESPN to let go of 40+ on air personalities in May.

Note the end when the guy suggests people think Disney might dump ESPN. I wouldn't blame them. ESPN's management has been signing horrible deals and getting a bad reputation as a news source with biased reporting. Not to mention their bad reputation as a workplace.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

On the surface, I recognize one name, and only cuz he played in the NFL.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That list has been adding names all night.

The most shocking thing to me is how few stars ESPN already had left.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cuts causing controversy.

Please note who brings up race first in both cases.
Malcolm

ESPN

Post by Malcolm »

"I've got that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk."
ESPN host Ryen Russillo -- who's appeared on ESPN radio and TV since 2009 -- was arrested in Wyoming for criminal entry ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Long story short, cops were called to a home by the owner around 3:30 AM on Wednesday to report a strange man sleeping in one of the bedrooms.