ESPN

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

Rachel Nichols asked a legit question about a new co-worker and got removed from the NBA Finals as a result.

ESPN is doing some "diversity hiring" that is more about skin color, gender, and attractiveness than actual qualifications. Good on Nichols for questioning it.

FYI, the person who leaked Nichols' question was the reporter she was questioning, which says all you need to know about her character. (And probably why she isn't replacing Nichols at the Finals.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Why does ESPN hate women?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:01 am
Why does ESPN hate women?
Because they're not profitable.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Well, they really tricked whoever arranged the games, ESPN outsources that.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:51 am
Well, they really tricked whoever arranged the games, ESPN outsources that.
Yeah, the article talks about all of that. However, ESPN admits that they weren't finding anything proving this school existed and should have pulled the game. They would have if they had known they played two days earlier.

The whole thing is pretty disgusting and the parents whose kids attend this "school" should either pull their kids ASAP or just admit they don't love their kids and are just hoping for an NFL payday from them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am
The coach is black, so Fox News covered it.
That made me lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

She's not quite hot enough for me to be upset :P

Seriously though, if we were trying to have a baby, I'd be tempted to avoid it as well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

School a "scam"
An Ohio school whose legitimacy was scrutinized after its supposedly top-tier football team got clobbered in an ESPN-televised game didn't live up to its billing educationally either: It turned out to be "a scam," according to an investigation by the Ohio Department of Education.

Republican Gov. Mike DeWine said he is asking the attorney general and other officials to determine whether any laws were broken by what claimed to be the Columbus-area Bishop Sycamore High School. DeWine said he will work with state education officials and lawmakers on enacting changes recommended by the department to avoid a repeat of the situation.

"Ohio families should be able to count on the fact that our schools educate students and don't exist in name only as a vehicle to play high school sports," DeWine said in a statement Friday.

The state found no evidence that Bishop Sycamore enrolled multiple students this year and concluded it didn't meet minimum standards, including for academic offerings and student safety, according to the ODE investigation launched after the team's televised 58-0 loss to Florida-based powerhouse IMG Academy in August.

Bishop Sycamore's report filed with the department for this school year listed only one enrolled student and stated its physical address as a home in a residential neighborhood.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

One common theme I've seen all day on Twitter is "Stop cutting out of football games for baseball ESPN, nobody under 80 gives a shit."
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:33 pm One common theme I've seen all day on Twitter is "Stop cutting out of football games for baseball ESPN, nobody under 80 gives a shit."
SERIOUSLY, I GIVE ZERO FUCKS ABOUT FAKE SPORTS
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

It's a documentary now. The conman behind it still defends it.
As described by Mr. Johnson, the initial plans for the phantom place were beyond grandiose, but never had any real financial support, other than the temporary flotation of bad checks. “My philosophy of business,” he says, while being interviewed in Los Angeles in February 2022, “is do what the people who have the money do, even if you don’t have the money.” He admits he never had the money. He did, however, have recruits....
Watching Mr. Johnson confidently explain himself, defend his exploitation of his players and his fleecing of motels, hotels and airlines while not even wriggling under the scrutiny of the directors is a study in something. One might say sociopathy. One might see him as a symptom of his times.
You know what people who have money do? They have money.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »

The tables have finally turned!!!

I was so confused...you quoted the wrong story. I'm guessing this was right next to the post about the fake high school game that was broadcast?
TheCatt
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:02 pm
The tables have finally turned!!!

I was so confused...you quoted the wrong story. I'm guessing this was right next to the post about the fake high school game that was broadcast?
Dammit! Yeah. Oh well, too lazy to fix.
Leisher
Site Admin

ESPN

Post by Leisher »