Tennis

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Either let them do it, or enforce across the board.
Like steroids.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

The little bit that I heard was "Tennis is a boring fucking sport that no one cares about."
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The little bit that I heard was "Tennis is a boring fucking sport that no one cares about."
No argument.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

So they have a camera behind the players, positioned below their waist... is this an upskirt fantasy?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Must suck to be going against Gauff (The 15 year old). Stands are packed, and everyone's cheering for this kid instead of you.

Like the other woman got a point once, and you could hear the silence before the crowd was like "oh, right, we cheer those points, too"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Gauff was down 5-2 in the 2nd set after dropping the first set 6-3. Her opponent had several match points. But, Gauff managed to comeback to tie it at 6-6, then won the tiebreaker 8-6 (iirc).

Hercog (the opponent) now getting some kind of medical treatment. Earlier looked like she was having her butt stretched.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

I played some tennis as a kid, and don't really care to watch it... but it just occurred to me that 30-30 is basically the same as deuce. The internet already had this observation.

Honestly, I wonder if it's something I noticed 30 years ago when I played, but had forgotten.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Gauff won. Broke serve to win 7-5 in 3rd set. Youngest to round of 16 since '91 (Capriati?)
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Yes, Capriati. That doesn't bode well for this girl's future. Hopefully, she has better parents and doesn't date drugged out Matthew Perry.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yes, Capriati. That doesn't bode well for this girl's future. Hopefully, she has better parents and doesn't date drugged out Matthew Perry.
Yeah. Always a 50/50 on whether peaking early is good. Or maybe 30/70
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 15 year old ousted.
Well, she certainly has time to improve. Wayyyy too many unforced errors.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Because they met in the first round or because a teenager beat a middle aged woman?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Because they met in the first round or because a teenager beat a middle aged woman?
It's the 2nd time they've met in the first round of a Grand Slam: Wimbeldon last year, Australia this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Williams probably wanted to get it out of the way.