Tennis

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:01 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:03 pm McEnroe under fire for "harsh" comments about young women who had to withdraw.

Uh, can someone translate for me because I don't think his comments are even in the same universe as harsh. They seem understanding and supportive.
MEN CANNOT SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND
.... unless they come out as transgendered, right?
Depends on whether or not you're a TERF
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Reporter is labeled a "bully" for asking a legit question to Naomi Osaka during a press conference.

Perhaps this is not the proper line of work for you Ms. Osaka? Also, I truly hope she's getting help.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:40 pm Reporter is labeled a "bully" for asking a legit question to Naomi Osaka during a press conference.

Perhaps this is not the proper line of work for you Ms. Osaka? Also, I truly hope she's getting help.
I don't think her line of work should require her to answer media questions. "I'm just here so I won't get fined"
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:57 pm I don't think her line of work should require her to answer media questions.
But it does. Without the MSM to promote the athletes, nobody discovers them or cares about them. Thus, nobody is watching. That means nobody is paying for it, so the event isn't held, and she's out of a job.

Point being, ultimately the boss is the fans, and this is how you communicate with them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:57 pm I don't think her line of work should require her to answer media questions.
But it does. Without the MSM to promote the athletes, nobody discovers them or cares about them. Thus, nobody is watching. That means nobody is paying for it, so the event isn't held, and she's out of a job.

Point being, ultimately the boss is the fans, and this is how you communicate with them.
Oh bullshit. Media covers sports because people like sports, so the media competes to cover sports. There's no need to require anything.

People care about what's actually happening. I don't need Fitzmagick to tell me. Although, he's pretty entertaining.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Oh bullshit. Media covers sports because people like sports, so the media competes to cover sports. There's no need to require anything.

People care about what's actually happening. I don't need Fitzmagick to tell me. Although, he's pretty entertaining.
Bullshit all you want, but no sport needs more promotion of the athletes than tennis. Nobody fucking cares about tennis.

Also, look at Connor McGregor. He's the shining example of how important it is for an athlete to get out in front of the media. The guy made himself a multimillionaire several times over thanks to his mouth and antics.

This chick is the second ranked player in the world and I had never heard of her until her meltdown. (Which I guess proves even bad news is good news?)

If you want a job that puts you in the public eye, then you had better be able to handle communication with the public.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:48 pm Also, look at Connor McGregor. He's the shining example of how important it is for an athlete to get out in front of the media. The guy made himself a multimillionaire several times over thanks to his mouth and antics.
Sure, because that's what he wanted. Coco just wants to play, and probably won't get the same money. Oh well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

This is odd.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »