Tennis

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Genie Bouchard is hot.

Not super model hot, but "you can tell she has a great personality and would fuck you silly next door neighbor hot".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Tennis

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not sure why she couldn't be 'supermodel' hot. Maybe she doesn't have the skill set because she plays tennis and doesn't supermodel. But what about her looks disqualifies her? There are some fugly supermodels out there. Look at her Sports Illustrated shots and point out how she's all that different from Kate Upton.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: But what about her looks disqualifies her?
Her midsection/waist, imho.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

I said she was hot.

As Catt said, she's slightly rounder on the sides of her midsection. Her butt is a bit flat. And she has a mouthy smile.

Just nitpicking.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Tennis

Post by Cakedaddy »

All that being said, I still think she's hotter than some of the supermodels out there. Thus, it would stand that she could be supermodel material.

Blah:
https://www.vogue.com/vogueworld/articl ... -fall-2019
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

When I think supermodel, I think Victoria's Secret or SI swimsuit issue (Aside from the recent token, uh, not hot person)
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm with Catt on the supermodel definition.

The link Cake posted is to fashion models. I know they call them "supermodels", but they're just tall walking sticks with no curves.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I know they call them "supermodels", but they're just tall walking sticks with no curves.
This. No idea who any of those people are. Honestly, probably no idea who any VS / SI models are, but I used to know.
Cakedaddy

Tennis

Post by Cakedaddy »

I feel like they try to find ugly people and call them models. And everyone is afraid to say "But they're ugly" because then people can look down on them and say "oh, you just don't get it". No one wants to be the person who is too stupid to "get it". Emperor's Robe thing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I feel like they try to find ugly people and call them models. And everyone is afraid to say "But they're ugly" because then people can look down on them and say "oh, you just don't get it". No one wants to be the person who is too stupid to "get it". Emperor's Robe thing.
I've heard fashion designers like them that way cuz they're walking wardrobe stands. They dont get in the way of the fashion. Which, is also terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: I feel like they try to find ugly people and call them models. And everyone is afraid to say "But they're ugly" because then people can look down on them and say "oh, you just don't get it". No one wants to be the person who is too stupid to "get it". Emperor's Robe thing.
I've heard fashion designers like them that way cuz they're walking wardrobe stands. They dont get in the way of the fashion. Which, is also terrible.
Exactly what you said Catt.

The fashion thing I've heard explained once, and it genuinely made sense, but I don't remember the gist. It's something about the lines of "everything is exaggerated for effect, but what makes it to the stores is the super toned down version".
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting-ish tennis news
Top seed Novak Djokovic has been disqualified from his US Open fourth-round match after accidentally hitting a ball at a line judge.

Djokovic showed his frustration after losing serve to trail 6-5 against Spain's Pablo Carreno Busta.

The Serbian world number one took a ball out of his pocket and hit it behind him, striking the female line judge in her throat.

After a lengthy discussion, he was defaulted by tournament officials.

A United States Tennis Association statement said: "In accordance with the Grand Slam rulebook, following his actions of intentionally hitting a ball dangerously or recklessly within the court or hitting a ball with negligent disregard of the consequences, the US Open tournament referee defaulted Novak Djokovic from the 2020 US Open.

"Because he was defaulted, Djokovic will lose all ranking points earned at the US Open and will be fined the prize money won at the tournament in addition to any or all fines levied with respect to the offending incident."

Djokovic was the heavy favourite to win the men's singles title at the US Open, which is being played behind closed doors and is the first Grand Slam to take place since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.

Going into the match against 20th seed Carreno Busta, Djokovic had not lost a singles match in 2020.

The 33-year-old was aiming for an 18th Grand Slam triumph to move closer to rivals Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, who are not playing in New York, in the race to finish with the most men's major titles of all-time.

Djokovic appeared to plead his case to tournament referee Soeren Friemel and Grand Slam supervisor Andreas Egli during a long conversation at the net.

Eventually, however, he accepted his fate and shook hands with Carreno Busta, who looked shocked by what had happened as he waited for a decision in his chair.

Djokovic left Flushing Meadows without doing his news conference.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Seems like a fair ruling.

EDIT: Maybe not... The description in that article sure doesn't look like what I see.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

The article doesn't give us intent. The video shows it was an accident, but the rule includes accidents.

He had no need or reason to hit the ball.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

Fair points.
Leisher
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by Leisher »

McEnroe under fire for "harsh" comments about young women who had to withdraw.

Uh, can someone translate for me because I don't think his comments are even in the same universe as harsh. They seem understanding and supportive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:03 pm McEnroe under fire for "harsh" comments about young women who had to withdraw.

Uh, can someone translate for me because I don't think his comments are even in the same universe as harsh. They seem understanding and supportive.
MEN CANNOT SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND
GORDON
Site Admin

Tennis

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:03 pm McEnroe under fire for "harsh" comments about young women who had to withdraw.

MEN CANNOT SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND
.... unless they come out as transgendered, right?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."