Olympics

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: Olympics

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:I stand at ease during the national anthem.
OK, why?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

At best I'll give it a Parade Rest.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:I stand at ease during the national anthem.
OK, why?
Honestly, I used to put my hand over my heart. Then I joined the service and I'd be at attention saluting. Somewhere in the service I heard it was acceptable for vets to stand at ease, which is the same as parade rest. The hands are locked together by your thumbs behind your back, and aside from that and your feet not being together, you're standing at attention.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Lochte might be charged.

So he'd be facing a fine that he can ignore as he probably will never go to Brazil again. Seems like much ado about nothing. A 32 year old child whose IQ is probably around 90 was out doing bad things with friends and he made up a stupid story to cover his tracks.

I just enjoy how this is getting all these headlines, while actual crime in Brazil is still out of control.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I was thinking, "it's good that Brazil is getting a handle on their crime problems."

This isn't like the police are even try to drain the Pacific ocean with a teacup. It's like they are trying to drain it with a teacup while snickering and they actually have a pipeline of sewage right behind you they are continuously dumping back into the ocean.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This was so not worth pulling a gun on someone about. They didn't trash the bathrooms, they tore down a crappy sign, and peed outside. The end. Sure, he lied about the story, but he did have a gun pulled on him (excessive). Let it die, Brazil, and fix your real shit.

Honestly, Brazil's so fucked up they need a villain to rally around. But they're still a shitter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

IOC president Thomas Bach has said stiff sanctions will be taken against any athletes and officials implicated in doping. He said he favors lifetime Olympic bans for anyone involved.
Weak. Complete ban on their country participating in or hosting any of the next four Olympics. All Russians officials are immediately booted off any IOC boards. Athletes and coaches identified as part of the problem get their medals rescinded and their records retracted.
Last edited by Malcolm on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I agree with you except the next four Olympics. Do two. That's a ten year ban and sends a strong enough message along with the other penalties.

End of the day, the Olympics are about world peace, so keep countries out for an extended time is against the very nature of the games.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I agree with you except the next four Olympics. Do two. That's a ten year ban and sends a strong enough message along with the other penalties.

End of the day, the Olympics are about world peace, so keep countries out for an extended time is against the very nature of the games.
Then they're going to have to make a decision about whether or not the games actually mean shit. If people getting along by putting up with the biggest asshole in the room is worth nullifying any real competition except for first-world douchebags willing to break every rule, then I don't really care except come the fuck out and admit it. Then start handing out nothing but participation trophies instead of gold, silver, or bronze. Stop keeping track of world records, stop counting the number of times a country's athlete comes in top three in an event ... because none of it fucking matters. The Olympics is the only sport that makes the MLB look like they give a fuck about PEDs.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So a priest and a U.S. gymnastics coach walk into a bar...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

From my point of view, as a former minister of sport, president of Olympic committee, we made a lot of mistakes," he told the Times, adding that he would defer to individual sports-governing bodies to rule on the evidence of Russian cheating.
Fuck your apology and stick it straight up your juicing asshole. You're sorry for getting caught, not for "making mistakes." Ban the bastards for an additional 4 years for that shitty Bart Simpson effort.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What's stupid is that the evidence of their doping was right there in Rocky IV.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:What's stupid is that the evidence of their doping was right there in Rocky IV.
No, apparently that visualization wasn't over the top enough. I didn't see any KGB agents breaking into the labs and replacing piss samples in that one.
Malcolm

Olympics

Post by Malcolm »

NHL isn't pausing season for 2018 Olympics.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »