Olympics

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Guess which country might be banned due to excessive doping all around?
The commission accused the Russian state of complicity. It said its months-long probe found no written evidence of government involvement but it added: "It would be naive in the extreme to conclude that activities on the scale discovered could have occurred without the explicit or tacit approval of Russian governmental authorities."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say nothing happens, Russia still competes in next Olympics, etc, etc...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

"Russia is against a boycott. Russia is against political interference in sport,"
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Re: Olympics

Post by Malcolm »

Hello, scandal.
In a dark-of-night operation, Russian antidoping experts and members of the intelligence services surreptitiously replaced urine samples tainted by performance-enhancing drugs with clean urine collected months earlier, somehow breaking into the supposedly tamper-proof bottles that are the standard at international competitions, Dr. Rodchenkov said. For hours each night, they worked in a shadow laboratory lit by a single lamp, passing bottles of urine through a hand-size hole in the wall, to be ready for testing the next day, he said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Wow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aussie athletes will fuck Zika to death.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Anything less than booting and banning them from the Olympics for a solid decade is too light.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Scapegoat, meet bus. Bus, scapegoat.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Anyone want to wager when that guys dies? I'm guessing he has 5 years left, max.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Rio prepares for the Olympics. Damn, if the Zika doesn't get you...
The summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro should be postponed or moved "in the name of public health" due to the widening Zika outbreak in Brazil, more than 100 prominent doctors and professors said Friday in an open letter to the World Health Organization.
The WHO released a statement saying that based on its current assessment, "canceling or changing the location of the 2016 Olympics will not significantly alter the international spread of Zika virus."

The organization noted that Brazil is one of almost 60 countries that have reported continuing transmission of Zika by mosquitoes.
That's a great defense. "Eh, it's pretty much a lot of places already."

Ah well, at least they can trap them if an outbreak gets bad.
The “enormous demand” created by the international Zika epidemic for traps used to monitor mosquitoes that carry the virus caught their German manufacturer off-guard, two company officials said Friday.

According to Biogents’ only U.S. distributor, a backlog affects 1,950 traps ordered by governments and private businesses in Florida, Ohio, Kentucky and a few other states.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

[url=http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/ ... cs-zikaPau Gasol might skip the games due to Zika.[/url]
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

How does that relate to Baylor?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fixed
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This could be an interesting year.
The Olympics start Aug. 5 with Brazil already facing an impeachment trial of suspended President Dilma Rousseff, a public health crisis over the Zika epidemic and a deepening recession.

In an official decree published Friday afternoon by acting governor Francisco Dornelles, the state government said the crisis could cause a “total collapse in public security, health, education, transport and environmental management.”
The athletes might get the full Rio experience -- sleeping in alleys and stealing food from local stores.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

So.... how fast could the US host an Olympics?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:So.... how fast could the US host an Olympics?
I would wager 5 US cities could organize it within 2 hours, if they only stopped for a 30 minute lunch.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."