Olympics

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:50 pm No idea if this is what is happening, but this Olympic athlete shares info on what might be occurring. Click the tweet to see the entire explanation.
Glad one of the first jabs was against white men.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:00 pm Glad one of the first jabs was against white men.
I didnt see any jabs?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

I think he means the reply by a "woke" Karen:
Thanks, this was an excellent explanation. I am repulsed at these, mostly grown white men ridiculing her. I appreciate you being her advocate and shedding light on the situation for people like me, who know very little about the sport.
That's not all Daisy knows very little about.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Grown white men.... Prolly the majority demographic watching the Olympics. Fucking monsters.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:52 pm That's fantastic.

US swimmers taking big swings at Russians.
💯
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:52 pm That's fantastic.

US swimmers taking big swings at Russians.
Russian athletes have won 40 medals in Tokyo, 11 of them gold.
What's even the fucking point of it?
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

Belarus sprinter refuses to go back home and seeks asylum.

She was expecting something very negative to happen to her after she criticized her team officials.

She looks like Catt's type:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:11 pm She looks like Catt's type:
I mean, I could certainly grant her something.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

You know.... I respect that gymnast for deciding she was done, and having the courage to do what she felt was best for herself.

But someone explain to me how she doesn't epitomize the Millennial war-cry of "I just can't even, today?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:13 pm You know.... I respect that gymnast for deciding she was done, and having the courage to do what she felt was best for herself.

But someone explain to me how she doesn't epitomize the Millennial war-cry of "I just can't even, today?"
She was having a real problem with sighting her twists and landings, which is super fucking dangerous even with mats.

To even come back and compete in the beam yesterday she had to complete redo her routine and remove all of her twists, and re-learn what to do within 1 week. She then, despite having dropped many of her elements, came back and got 3rd place in the world.

So... no.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Sydney McLaughlin is hot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:41 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:13 pm You know.... I respect that gymnast for deciding she was done, and having the courage to do what she felt was best for herself.

She was having a real problem with sighting her twists and landings, which is super fucking dangerous even with mats.

To even come back and compete in the beam yesterday she had to complete redo her routine and remove all of her twists, and re-learn what to do within 1 week. She then, despite having dropped many of her elements, came back and got 3rd place in the world.

So... no.
How often has the problem happened to people at the Olympics?
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:13 pm But someone explain to me how she doesn't epitomize the Millennial war-cry of "I just can't even, today?"
First of all, she's only a millennial by 2 years.

Secondly, she has confirmed she had the "twisties". Fully explained in the Tweets by the female diver I posted above, but the best way I can describe it is that it is like the shanks in golf. Watch this clip, but remember the fix is not this easy:

People do get the shanks and it sucks balls. I've had them and no matter what you do, you cannot hit the ball straight. Eventually it works out, but it takes some effort.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:44 pm Sydney McLaughlin is hot.
Confirmed.
GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:46 pm How often has the problem happened to people at the Olympics?
Probably more than we ever hear about, but probably not quite that often. For it to happen to the world's greatest gymnast at the height of her career is extremely unusual, but few sexual abuse survivors have ever faced the level of hype and scrutiny that she is right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:46 pm How often has the problem happened to people at the Olympics?
Dunno. I don't follow gymnastics very closely.
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness ... ymnastics/
The twisties are super common for gymnastics athletes at all levels, and multiple former Olympians spoke out in support of Simone's experience.

“The rhythm is off, and your brain will like stutter step for half a second and that's enough to throw off the whole skill,” former Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez told Olympics.com. “And, so, it happens, and it takes a second to get over that.”

"The twisties happen more than the general public may be aware and are absolutely terrifying for athletes in acrobatic sports," Nicole Detling, PhD, CMPC, owner of HeadStrong Consulting, LLC, a sport psychology company focusing on performance enhancement through mental skills training. "In general, the twisties is a mental performance situation, NOT a mental health issue."
Former Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas experienced something similar at the 2011 U.S. Nationals, balking when she was supposed to complete a back handspring combination.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:50 pm TheCatt wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:44 pm
Sydney McLaughlin is hot.
Confirmed.
She could model + compete.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

I dunno. You say "so no," but I don't find that compelling. This is classic, "I just can't even, today." Olympics-level.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:05 pm I dunno. You say "so no," but I don't find that compelling. This is classic, "I just can't even, today." Olympics-level.
I disagree.

Watch the video I posted and read those Tweets.