Olympics

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:38 am The Olympics could still be cancelled.
That would suck.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

All remote, all-Wii Olympics with the actual athletes just playing, and having fun, in a shitty circumstance.

Produce it well enough, and I bet people would love it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 am All remote, all-Wii Olympics with the actual athletes just playing, and having fun, in a shitty circumstance.

Produce it well enough, and I bet people would love it.
Lol. I dunno, the NFL people do a Madden tournament each year, I think. I'm sure someone watches... but not many someones.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

NFL is USA only.

Have all the commentators from each country dong the play-by-play just like an actual event.... they're already booked for those two weeks, anyway.... and have fucking medal ceremonies.

It would be epic.

And have McD's do a last second olympic game like they do, too.

Lotsa money to be made, here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

Opening ceremony director fired because he referenced the Holocaust in his comedy act in 1998.

The article also references a musician or something who was also fired because he bullied classmates in school. You can't make this shit up. We should go ahead and fire people for not sharing their toys in pre-school while we're at it.

Below is a NSFW audio clip from Daniel Tosh's People Pleaser special. It's an extremely well done bit of comedy/social commentary about this "there's nothing funny about" horseshit. I highly recommend it if you've never heard it.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

Dan Wetzel thinks Japan "lied about the weather" and the IOC didn't care.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Anyone can find out the typical weather for anywhere in the world at any time of year. How are you accusing Japan of lying about something that is easily researched?

As for the IOC, is there anyone on the planet who doesn't realize how corrupt they are at this point?

Also, most countries have come to the realization that hosting the Olympics is a costly endeavor that doesn't pay off.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:05 am Dan Wetzel thinks Japan "lied about the weather" and the IOC didn't care.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Anyone can find out the typical weather for anywhere in the world at any time of year. How are you accusing Japan of lying about something that is easily researched?
He quoted them.

Honestly, the weather sucks balls, I'm dramatically better in cool weather, especially cloudy/etc. But, I mean it is the Summer Games.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

I heard Russians were still competing, in spite of Russia being banned.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:20 pm I heard Russians were still competing, in spite of Russia being banned.
Yeah... Fuck Russia. Technically, they do not represent Russia. Or something like that.
Tropical Storm arriving in Japan
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:56 pmHe quoted them.
I know he did, but did they also say the sky isn't blue? I mean, it's not hard to research this stuff.
GORDON wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:20 pm I heard Russians were still competing, in spite of Russia being banned.
Nobody cares about rules.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

Why isn’t America winning all the medals? ;)
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

Well, if they don't care about doping, and everyone else is...
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

American athletes are too busy protesting their oppressive homeland.

Or they're dealing with insane levels of media hype and cracking under the pressure of unrealistic expectations.
GORDON
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by GORDON »

I'm not paying attention, and don't know what you're talking about. American athletes are protesting? What? Being comfortable enough that they can be full-time athletes?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:47 pm I'm not paying attention, and don't know what you're talking about. American athletes are protesting? What? Being comfortable enough that they can be full-time athletes?
i think he meaans the minorities and womens soccer team
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:47 pm I'm not paying attention, and don't know what you're talking about. American athletes are protesting? What? Being comfortable enough that they can be full-time athletes?
i think he meaans the minorities and womens soccer team
That's such a divisive spin using sex and race I'm surprised CNN hasn't offered you a job.

The women's soccer team is taking knees during the anthem, yes. However, there is also a group of athletes from multiple countries, I assume race and sex are varied, who are trying to get the IOC to relax anti-protest rules. Point being, many athletes are focused more on their own personal politics than competing in their sports at the highest level. In fact, a gymnast from Costa Rica just incorporated a message about BLM in her routine.

I added the snarky "oppressive homeland" part because the poor and oppressed don't compete in the Olympics.

The second statement I made was not even remotely a shot at the athletes. It was a shot at the unrelenting hype machine of the MSM and how it is negatively affecting the athletes. Simone Biles has withdrawn because she is being treated like gymnastics Jesus. This is only her second Olympics yet NBC's coverage has been non-stop referring to her as the GOAT. Competing in front of the world against the best the world has to offer is tough enough. Add onto that the MSM constantly talking about how you are the greatest ever, all the gold is yours for the taking, and everyone else is in your shadow can easily put so much pressure on a young athlete that it overwhelms them. By the way, Simone Biles is the only woman left on the team that was a victim of Larry Nassar.

So my stance on all the asshats who are bashing her for withdrawing is that they can go fuck themselves.

It'd be pretty awesome if Americans started taking mental health seriously.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

She is the GOAT, or maybe was, and it sucks that she had to withdraw, but she realized it wasn’t working out, for whatever reason. That’s her prerogative.
Leisher
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by Leisher »

No idea if this is what is happening, but this Olympic athlete shares info on what might be occurring. Click the tweet to see the entire explanation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Olympics

Post by TheCatt »

It seems that way watching her warmups and performance from before she left. As someone with a lot of vestibular issues, I can feel that pain.