NASCAR

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'll test those odds.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Something there just aint right.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If this is real, this is True Lies.

Edited By Leisher on 1421353845
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Driver withdraws from race. Why? Car got jacked.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Dead driver's parents still being dicks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:Dead driver's parents still being dicks.
Meh, they're the parents of a young man who lost his life way too soon in an accident that was COMPLETELY avoidable. They're bound to be mad and upset. I don't hold it against them.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

...COMPLETELY avoidable

By their kid deciding to use his last seconds on this planet to get out of his car on to a live NASCAR track so he could wag his finger at the dude he thought made him crash.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A dirt track, not a NASCAR track, but yes he was equally at fault. Honestly, probably far more so because had he stayed in his car, he'd be alive today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Is a dying sport.

People don't want to sit around and watch cars go in circles for hours? (Plus, chance death or serious injury.)

Color me shocked.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Drivers in a dying sport want NBA/NFL money.

They face death and crippling injuries during every race. They are also directly responsible for their team's success, failures, and marketability.

I think they have a point.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Bubba Wallace loses a sponsor by quitting a video game race.

Check out their public tweet dropping him (it's in the article). Ouch.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Not shocking: NASCAR driver suspended for using the N word.

Shocking: He's not 100% white!
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Larson fired from racing team.

Yeah, the word is bad, but can we be honest about this situation? He wasn't referring to anyone (I don't think...?). He was simply cursing over a situation.

At what point are we going to acknowledge that black people's constant use of the word, the use of it in films, and the use of it in songs is going to forever keep it in the lexicon? You cannot continually use a word in conversation with non-black folk, sell them music with the word, and use it non-stop in the films they watch and then expect them to never use it at any point. It's not only unrealistic, it's essentially entrapment. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Driver cheats in esports charity event.

I'm sure he's a quality human being...
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

Are you sitting down? Some racism happened at a NASCAR event! I know, I know, that's why I warned you about sitting down!

First, these were reports about tons of confederate flags being flown outside the stadium (and apparently selling very well).

Then there's the plane whose banner had the confederate flag and the message: Defund NASCAR.

(Go dig up links to these...I lost them.)

Finally, NASCAR's only black full time driver, Bubba Wallace, found a noose hanging in his garage stall.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by TheCatt »

"But it's not racism, it's heritage"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »

I am 100% certain for some percentage it is heritage. However, for others it isn't.

Did you look at the picture of Bubba Wallace? He's black? He reminds me of Elaine's date in the Seinfeld episode where she thought she was dating a black guy and he thought she was Hispanic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NASCAR

Post by Leisher »