eSports

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

eSports

Post by TheCatt »

This article confused the hell out of me, cuz I didn't realize NBA2K was an e-sports game... I thought it would be eSports like LoL or whatever the hell. Took me half the article to realize what was going on.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

eSports

Post by Leisher »

Ha! When I first saw the title I thought it was an actual BBall league, and was prepared to argue about women playing in a men's league, but not vice versa.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

eSports

Post by Leisher »

eSports Arenas are opening up around the Toledo area.

Tiffan University built the largest in the country (for 2018).

There was one at Dell Technology World this year.

Watching people game is a MASSIVE thing with kids these days.

Malls of America need to get on this bandwagon.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

eSports

Post by Leisher »

Fortnite World Cup awards winner $3M.

More than the winners got at Wimbledon, The Open, and the Kentucky Derby.
TheCatt
Site Admin

eSports

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fortnite World Cup awards winner $3M.

More than the winners got at Wimbledon, The Open, and the Kentucky Derby.
To be fair, people care about computer games.
Leisher
Site Admin

eSports

Post by Leisher »

Without googling, what league of the following had the lowest average per game attendance last year?

NFL
MLB
NBA
MLS
TheCatt
Site Admin

eSports

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Without googling, what league of the following had the lowest average per game attendance last year?

NFL
MLB
NBA
MLS
I would guess MLS. Followed by MLB, NBA, NFL.

Hmm. Although MLS probably has a shorter season than MLB + NBA, so it might be one of those. Hmmm. I guess they are all pretty close, except the NFL.
Leisher
Site Admin

eSports

Post by Leisher »

I was shocked to learn the NBA has the lowest average attendance.

Makes sense when you consider they play in small arenas and 80% of the league has no shot at winning a title every year.

The NBA has legit problems that they need to solve.

And yes, the NFL is the king.
TheCatt
Site Admin

eSports

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I was shocked to learn the NBA has the lowest average attendance.
That is a little surprising at first blush, but yeah, the 82 game season, combined with so many bad teams... On the other hand, 162(?) baseball games? F that.
Leisher
Site Admin

eSports

Post by Leisher »