Hard Seltzer

Beer brewing, wine aging, whiskey fermenting, soda pop carbonating.  Talk about it here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by Leisher »

The fad is over.

White Claw still reigns supreme, but the market has shrunk for everyone else.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by GORDON »

I've seen the drinkers mocked pretty hard, constantly.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by Leisher »

I actually never saw that and I know a LOT of drinkers. Definitely not the same as when Zima was around.

Although, while buying a case of it for my wife I definitely felt a bit awkward carrying it through the store.

Machismo is so stupid...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by GORDON »

I had a sip once. It's like.... A way to drink alcohol for people who don't like alcohol.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by Leisher »

I got drunk on a case of White Claws once. They go down way too easy. Tastes like Sprite with different fruit flavors to me.

I don't keep beer at the house as I'm not a big beer guy, and I haven't trained my kids yet on making a proper drink because I'm a terrible parent. Thus, if I'm in the pool and send them to fetch me an alcoholic drink, it's usually my wife's hard seltzer. The wife and I had a great drunken pool day a few weeks back and annoyed the ever loving shit out of the kids. They were in the house playing Roblox and we kept yelling to them to bring us more drinks.

At a bar, it's liquor only.

At golf, it's always beer and the occasional shot of Fireball.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by TheCatt »

I mostly drink wine these days, since it’s less filling than beer. Liquors nice, but I can get carried away too easily, and I’m not in my 20s any more.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by Leisher »

Very oddly, I get drunker faster on beer and those seltzers than I do liquor. I always assumed my body is just used to liquor since that is what I've always drank, but perhaps there's a scientific explanation?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hard Seltzer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:56 pm Very oddly, I get drunker faster on beer and those seltzers than I do liquor. I always assumed my body is just used to liquor since that is what I've always drank, but perhaps there's a scientific explanation?
You make really weak drinks?
It's not me, it's someone else.