Jefferson's Ocean

Beer brewing, wine aging, whiskey fermenting, soda pop carbonating.  Talk about it here.
Leisher
Site Admin

Jefferson's Ocean

Post by Leisher »

Had a friend visit over Thanksgiving from Cincy. He is a big bourbon guy and was discussing several with me. The one that caught my attention was Jefferson's Ocean. Upon putting the bourbon in barrels, it is then loaded onto ships and takes a trip around the world. The constant motion and the sea air completely changes the flavor and makes it unique. He says his bourbon club has blind taste tests and Jefferson's Ocean is delicious and the easiest to identify.

Happened to be picking up a bottle of Kung Fu Girl (wine) today for a gift, and spotted Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 16. Bought a bottle. $88.

Review will come when I get a good evening/reason to open it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Jefferson's Ocean

Post by Leisher »

Opened it for an X-Mas party and my health was dropping at the time, so I don't think I was able to give it a fair shake.

I drank it neat, but only had one shot of it.

Was reminded of this as that week also had me attend my first ever bourbon tasting, which I was still too under the weather to enjoy.

My two week vacation really sucked, in terms of, my health.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”