Changing human nature

Yep.  Registration required to post.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Posted by: GORDON on Aug. 28 2001,14:17

My dream of America II includes the concept of "improve self, but think of the team, too." Meaning, hard work will always pay off....but try to improve society while you're making your money. Put another way, don't poison the town water supply to save money on hazardous waste disposal.
How do we instill a sense of "National Pride" and teamwork into our citizens, to ensure Capitalistic Greed (which I'm not saying is a bad thing) doesn't override human decency and the desire to do Good?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Cakedaddy on Aug. 28 2001,14:25

"How do we instill a sense of "National Pride" and teamwork into our citizens, to ensure Capitalistic Greed (which I'm not saying is a bad thing) doesn't override human decency and the desire to do Good?"
Guns. Big, big guns. Public floggings too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: TPRJones on Dec. 12 2001,17:49

---------------------QUOTE-------------------
"How do we instill a sense of "National Pride" and teamwork into our citizens, to ensure Capitalistic Greed (which I'm not saying is a bad thing) doesn't override human decency and the desire to do Good?"

Guns. Big, big guns. Public floggings too.
---------------------QUOTE-------------------

Capital Punishment for all those who don't comply.

If capital punishment makes you squirm, then I'll settle for involuntary sterilization. Having children is a privilage, not a right, and if you aren't what society needs, then your children won't be, either.

Perhaps, in some cases, retroactive sterilization would be in order. Hmmmm ...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

How indeed, and without resorting to a police state?

Hmm... genetic modification?
It's not me, it's someone else.