Apple sucks

TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:43 am Apple employees threaten to quit over Cook's RTO plan.
That's how I would feel about it. RTO for me means 1 trip a month, 3 days. So that's fine. But If I had to be there every day, Ugh.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

I'm trying to push a culture shift within my own company and HR is helping me. Not just giving folks more ability to work from home, like my boss allows for me, but also more flexible hours, a warmer office environment, and the firing of a toxic employee :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:24 pm I'm trying to push a culture shift within my own company and HR is helping me. Not just giving folks more ability to work from home, like my boss allows for me, but also more flexible hours, a warmer office environment, and the firing of a toxic employee :D
Amen, fight the good fight. Fuck the toxic people and work that doesn't adjust for living your life.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Wins a patent on a controller.

The drawing of the controller means nothing. It's got to do with touch points within the thumbstick design.

Anyway, I'm sure this is for the rumored Apple gaming console.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Is it a joke that it looks exactly like XBox and PS controllers?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Not a joke, but just a drawing they used. At least according to the peeps on the Reddit thread about it. Apparently the controller's look is irrelevant to the patent.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Woman uses AirTag to track and kill man
A woman in the US has been charged with murder after she allegedly tracked down her boyfriend using an Apple AirTag and ran him over after seeing him with another lady.

Gaylyn Morris, 26, found her partner Andre Smith, also 26, at Tilly’s Pub in an Indianapolis shopping mall with the help of the gadget in the early hours of June 3, it is claimed.

A witness said Morris had driven up to him in the parking lot and inquired whether Smith was in the bar, stating she had a GPS tracker that showed he was inside, according to an affidavit [PDF] by Detective Gregory Shue. Morris, the witness said, subsequently spotted Smith within the establishment.

The witness went into the bar and saw Morris, Smith, and a female companion get into an altercation. The witness took two videos of the fight and provided them to police.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Yet another technology that the laws are way, way behind.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:28 am Yet another technology that the laws are way, way behind.
CAN WE PLEASE GET PROTECTION FROM THESE VIOLENT WOMEN? WHY DO THEY ALWAYS RESORT TO VIOLENCE?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

I'm sure there is at least one woman defending her over at TwoXChromosomes.

But the AirTag thing is becoming a pretty handy tool for criminals.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

"Game changing" VR on the way.

I think the AR part of it is what they're leaning hard into. Also interesting to see they don't have a seat at the Metaverse table.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

iOS 16 is out.

Place your bets on how soon the first patch for massive security vulnerabilities hits.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Meta should love this new policy. After all, they're always pushing far left ideologies like big government. Apple is simply acting like a big government. Doing nothing, but demanding huge sums of money.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:09 pm Meta should love this new policy. After all, they're always pushing far left ideologies like big government. Apple is simply acting like a big government. Doing nothing, but demanding huge sums of money.
Government doesn't even ask 30% (from most people)
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

The region of China that has the largest iPhone plant comes out of lockdown.

I'm sure Apple's "test" of shutting down AirDrop capability in China (that had nothing to do with helping to quell riots/protests...) did not play a factor.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

My kid is leaving Belize with the tour group and forgot his charging cable in the hotel.

Every single other kid in his group has an Apple phone and don't have a USB-C to loan him so he has a charge when he lands and I'm in the cell phone lot.

Fuck you for your cables, Apple.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Didn't buy your kid an iPhone? That's like child abuse.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

We don't allow those products in this house.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Around here only the poors have droids. :D

I am thrilled Europe is forcing the end of this proprietary cable horseshit.