Apple sucks

Cakedaddy

Apple sucks

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Apple has no restrictions about those products being sold elsewhere.
Are you sure? It seems that's a major point of the article. When they setup payment portals outside of itunes, Apple is saying "No. Put it back in we want our cut." Microsoft gets a pass because they are microsoft. If your device doesn't run Office, then businesses won't use it. If I write an app, how do I make it accessible to you outside of itunes? Because you said 'everything goes through itunes for security'.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Are you sure? It seems that's a major point of the article. When they setup payment portals outside of itunes, Apple is saying "No. Put it back in we want our cut."
I mentioned they're trying to strong-arm developers, but as long as there's an "out", that's what their lawyers will defend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Netflix did something to remove their billing from iTunes, but not sure what, and old subscribers can/could still renew that way.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

As a shareholder, I like the revenue + profits. As a supporter of capitalism, I hate their actions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: As a shareholder, I like the revenue + profits. As a supporter of capitalism, I hate their actions.
They are closing in on a market cap of $2.0T, which seems absurd. It feels like just two years ago we were talking about $1.0T. (Oh wait, it was - August 2018).

Apple launching Apple One subscription service to merge their services together.

I've been telling Google to do this shit for years. Stupid fuckers haven't, maybe this will get them to do it. I pay for Google Fiber, Phone, Fi, YoutubeTV, Music/YT+. We own Pixel phones, Chromebooks, Chromecasts, Nest Wifi, Google Assistants, Android Auto, and use a bunch of their software.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Going to be honest, figured he was already there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Apple is being sued by Epic, and I don’t know who to hate more about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I posted an article about it in the Fortnite thread.

I hate them both, so I'm rooting for a double elimination.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yeah, I posted an article about it in the Fortnite thread.

I hate them both, so I'm rooting for a double elimination.
I POSTED FIRST.

I have to agree with Epic on this issue though. sigh
Cakedaddy

Apple sucks

Post by Cakedaddy »

Apple TV movie menu FUCKING SUCKS. I can't even find the search option. Have to scroll through their list.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

The Lawyers in this case

TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

If there's a ruling possible that would make both Apple and Epic go out of business, that's the one I'm rooting for!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If there's a ruling possible that would make both Apple and Epic go out of business, that's the one I'm rooting for!
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

So... inevitably everyone will by one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Based on that article alone I'm advising the two users I have holding onto broken or breaking phones to go ahead and get 11s.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

brb just got new apple gonna load up fortnite
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."