Apple sucks

GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

I'd hate for someone to see the apple logo on me and think I was a douche.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

They don't need to see you with an Apple logo to know you're a douche!

(C'mon, that was a marshmallow!)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:24 pm They don't need to see you with an Apple logo to know you're a douche!

(C'mon, that was a marshmallow!)
:D :D :D
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

I actually changed a word to make it less marshmallowy...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

So my kid only wants an iPhone, blah blah blah.

Anyway, got her one, and then she wanted the Pro, so we moved to that instead (cuz Apple makes 4 form factors, and Dad bought the wrong one)...

But, when they sync to a new phone, 98% of stuff syncs (app logins, etc). Which is much better than the Android world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, the sync feature is one of the things Apple has added that they got right.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I generally have no problem with this at all. Sounds like the right person was killed.

The only caveat I have is you've got to catch the person red handed. If it was two weeks later, the possibility that someone else was now in possession of the truck and might not even know it's stolen skyrockets.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

If like to see more catalytic converter thieves killed in the act.

Thieves in general, to be honest. Literally every single one killed is a net gain for humanity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:20 am If like to see more catalytic converter thieves killed in the act.

Thieves in general, to be honest. Literally every single one killed is a net gain for humanity.
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

There is a lot of talk about Apple buying Disney and it makes total sense.

One of the things I read about Iger coming back is that it was likely he would try to sell Disney.

The wins:
1. Apple wants to desperately make a dent in entertainment, and this would be a massive step in that direction. Apple+, Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu all together.
2. Star Wars, Disney, Marvel IPs are all now owned by Apple who can use that to sell their iPhones, iPads, and Macs, particularly to younger generations.
3. This would piss off Google because now they're not only competing against Apple's phones and tablets, but TV service too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

I vote no.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:24 pmI vote no.
No, because it doesn't make sense? Or, no because antitrust?
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

No because I'm an anti-apple snob.

Also the antitrust thing. Some companies are too big. Even Disney is already too big with all the studios they bought. Apple makes that mess bigger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

If this is real, I agree.

It appears to just be a patent/exploration idea: https://www.gizchina.com/2023/04/07/ipo ... e-airpods/
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

I saw a tweet today about Gen Zers starting to move to dumb phones. If that became a real thing, it'd be a huge win for humanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

When Apple Comes Calling, ‘It’s the Kiss of Death’ Fixed free link

Still sucks
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Firewall.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:48 amFirewall.
Fixed