Windows Home Server 2011

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Windows Home Server 2011

Post by GORDON »

Because I'm really happy with my version, it has been 100% reliable and stable for the X number of years it has been running in my basement, and I am building a server for my mother's tax office because she is running her networked tax software off the receptionist's computer and it is driving me crazy.

So I'd like another copy of Home Server, but I don't think they exist any more.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Windows Home Server 2011

Post by GORDON »

This is a question I'm guessing no one knows, because not even google has much of a clue.

I set up a client in WHS several years ago, and that server has been running flawlessly ever since. However, their data backups to Google cloud haven't been running for three years, because they let their credit card expire for the storage space.

So I'm trying to get their backups running again, and now it turns out "backup and sync" has been obsolete for over a year, and it told me to install Google drive desktop and use that.

Which won't run on WHS, because "not a compatible version of windows."

The latest WHS forums I found last had an entry in 2017.

Anyone if you yahoos have any ideas for real time data backups? Know how to emulate Win10 on WHS? Know a backup app that works on WHS?

About to tell them their perfectly performing server needs to be replaced.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Windows Home Server 2011

Post by TheCatt »

How large are their backups? I upload my nightly backups to AWS S3, then instantly transition the data to their coldest storage tier ($1/TB/month).

Support for that OS ended 4 years ago, though. No one should use it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Windows Home Server 2011

Post by GORDON »

600+ some odd gigs of data, then just daily updates of certainly less than half a gig.
Leisher
Site Admin

Windows Home Server 2011

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:15 pm Support for that OS ended 4 years ago, though. No one should use it.
This.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”