Net Neutrality

GORDON
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote: Heh...
If.peoplr.blast through ATT data caps in two days, that's a month of no netflix.where they decide.to just cancel. I see the point.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Internet Health Test

Check to see if your ISP is throttling you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Net Neutrality

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Internet Health Test

Large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have degraded the performance of their customer’s traffic as a tactic to convince content and application providers to pay added “tolls” to deliver content that Internet users have already requested and paid for.
Has this actually happened somewhere?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: Internet Health Test

Large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have degraded the performance of their customer’s traffic as a tactic to convince content and application providers to pay added “tolls” to deliver content that Internet users have already requested and paid for.
Has this actually happened somewhere?
Long answer short: Yes.

I caught mine being throttled, or to be fair: "not working correctly", Monday night. I should have 90MB down and I was noticing stuttering while watching game play videos on Steam. I used that tool and found it at 6 MB. This was during primetime, and for the next hour or two it was like that. Later in the night, after midnight, it was back to 90.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Net Neutrality

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Long answer short: Yes.

I caught mine being throttled, or to be fair: "not working correctly", Monday night. I should have 90MB down and I was noticing stuttering while watching game play videos on Steam. I used that tool and found it at 6 MB. This was during primetime, and for the next hour or two it was like that. Later in the night, after midnight, it was back to 90.
I mean the part about throttling speeds in order to extort more money from content providers as stated by the guys that host that link?

To be fair to all providers, Monday was a holiday in which everyone was home probably online in one form or another (few new episodes on regular TV so lots of Netflix and Prime). The only people not sitting at home were the Jews and the Chinese serving them dinner.
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Dems have forced a vote on Net Neutrality.

Before you praise them for protecting the interest of the people, know that they did it because they think GOP votes will be unpopular and they can use it against them in the next elections.
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Montana says no to ISPs that don't abide by Net Neutrality. They also tell other states to follow suit.
Vince

Net Neutrality

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Montana says no to ISPs that don't abide by Net Neutrality. They also tell other states to follow suit.
This will be interesting to watch.
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Burger King jumps into the fray.

Here's the actual video:
Vince

Net Neutrality

Post by Vince »

Makes me wonder what their stance is on calorie labeling and what they would think about AT&T jumping into that fray?
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Net Neutrality

Post by Vince »

Heheh...
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by TheCatt »

I am for this, more or less, but I really wish we could ban states from preventing municipal ISPs as well.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by Leisher »

The FCC's ruling on Net Neutrality gets even more controversial. The DDOS attacks on their site THEY reported never happened.

So a government agency completely ignored the people, lied to the people, and voted against the best interests of the people. You think anyone in Congress will do anything or even do their bullshit dog and pony show to pretend like they're doing something?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Net Neutrality

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The FCC's ruling on Net Neutrality gets even more controversial. The DDOS attacks on their site THEY reported never happened.

So a government agency completely ignored the people, lied to the people, and voted against the best interests of the people. You think anyone in Congress will do anything or even do their bullshit dog and pony show to pretend like they're doing something?
I am SHOCKED. SHOCKED I say.

At any rate, as long as Congress is run by Republicans, nothing will happen.
It's not me, it's someone else.