Sure the PS3 will cost $600... but...

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Those videos are fantastic.

Where do we go to get the freebie games or have they not been formally offered yet?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The PSN network was actually up today, but when I tried to DL some random free thing (I was already a Playstation Plus member) I couldn't and was getting errors. Don't know if they were just getting slammed or if they have bugs in their rewritten code.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

GORDON wrote:The PSN network was actually up today, but when I tried to DL some random free thing (I was already a Playstation Plus member) I couldn't and was getting errors. Don't know if they were just getting slammed or if they have bugs in their rewritten code.
They are saying it is due to the number of people all trying to use the service.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

WSGrundy wrote:
GORDON wrote:The PSN network was actually up today, but when I tried to DL some random free thing (I was already a Playstation Plus member) I couldn't and was getting errors. Don't know if they were just getting slammed or if they have bugs in their rewritten code.
They are saying it is due to the number of people all trying to use the service.
Because they didn't anticipate millions of users jonesing for their network play fix? Fuck, if the masses ever discover PC gaming, the console makers are fucked.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

You can now go and download your 2 free games right now with 30 million other people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I reckon I'll wait a couple days....
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

BTW, if anyone wants to choose Wipeout as one of their games I'd be happy to crush you in multi.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just noticed I got my email offer from Sony for the free games.

Any advice on which games I should grab? I'm already 100% sure Little Big Planet is one of my choices.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The kid is enjoying LBP.

And Wipeout.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Is Wipeout like the other "Wipeout" game, which is racing on water?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Not on water, but futuristic racing with hovering "cars."

It's in HD so it looks good in 1080P.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I still use my same PS3 for bluray player, which I still use from time to time.

This time I decided to peruse my old library of games.

I bought the full version of Wipeout XL 10 years ago, now all I have is the "trial version." I have one track, and one ship. Yet, all my old stats are still there from long ago, on the locked tracks. Nice.

Field Runners: Tower defense game, I used to play the shit out of it. "This game has expired and is no longer available."

Same with OMG Zombies, and a few other games I used to play.

Which is why I absolutely hate the subscription model and download-only games. The shit just eventually stops working.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I didn't know DL-only games were available on the PS3.

I have only ever experienced such a thing on Apple products. Went back to play Plants vs Zombies once at the request of a kid and our once fully paid version had become an ad fest. I wrote the company and they responded saying ads were added years ago and there was no getting rid of them.

Seems like something that we should write Congresspeople about before the industry's lobbyists become too powerful.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I only have 1 physical copy of a PS3 game, and maybe 2 score games that I paid for and downloaded. I checked 5 or 7, and none of them worked any more.