Brave

Leisher
Site Admin

Brave

Post by Leisher »

Anyone using Brave?

Given Google's recent scandal about incognito not really being incognito, their new FLoC instead of third party apps (which I support the concept of...), and their general spying on us for profit, I'd like to switch things up. I'm starting to think Chrome is like TikTok only nobody cares because it's an American company.

Plus, the recent incident here showed me how weak password security is on browsers. They have "scrap tools" that can pull all passwords you have saved in your browsers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Brave

Post by GORDON »

I've heard a lot of people going back to Firefox, since Google was planning on breaking ad blockers on Chrome this month.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Brave

Post by TheCatt »

This guy probably wishes he'd used Brave, or something.
In addition, investigators found search queries on Brian Walshe’s internet records for “how to dispose of a 115-pound woman’s body” and how to dismember a body, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Investigators turned their focus from a missing persons case to suspicion she may have been killed after receiving new information in the last three days, the sources told CNN.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Brave

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:19 pm I've heard a lot of people going back to Firefox, since Google was planning on breaking ad blockers on Chrome this month.
Chrome has the overall market share by a lot. I think it's somewhere over 60%? Which is interesting considering what you said, the incognito mode scandal, and the fact that Google makes its money off of selling us and our data.

Saw a video tonight that ran 300 known malware sites in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Firefox blocked 93%, Chrome blocked 95%, and Edge blocked 100%. Not exactly the security stuff I was looking for, but still interesting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”