Parler

Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

Trump wants people to move to Parler instead of Twitter, FB, and so on.

The Parler CEO wants liberals too!

One of my crazy right wing uncles that's been in FB prison multiple times posted on his page today "I'm leaving this Liberal Nazi Censorship of Conservatives. Going to PARLOR" (sic). In other post, not sure why it takes more than one...he says he'll be on Parler (although he spelled it wrong again) and Instagram.

I really want to point out that Instagram is owned by FB and watch him explode.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really want to point out that Instagram is owned by FB and watch him explode.
Do it!

We'll see. People "left" reddit for some other alternative whose name I cannot recall last year, and that ended up being nothing.

I tried to sign up for Parler, but they require a real phone #, so some random person got my confirmation code cuz I dont use real #s.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

I don't want to sign up for it because it's just going to be a Trump rally and some trolls initially.

Plus, I figure their member database is going to get hacked and the list will be posted on some left wing sites claiming everyone on it is a racist, sexist, homophobe, and should meet a violent end.

Sadly, that scenario isn't even ridiculous in this day and age.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Plus, I figure their member database is going to get hacked and the list will be posted on some left wing sites claiming everyone on it is a racist, sexist, homophobe, and should meet a violent end.
That's why most of my social media uses fake and alternate accounts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Plus, I figure their member database is going to get hacked and the list will be posted on some left wing sites claiming everyone on it is a racist, sexist, homophobe, and should meet a violent end.
I wonder if that will be possible within 10 years?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I wonder if that will be possible within 10 years?
To Gordon's point, it feels like it shouldn't be. We need some level of accountability. But, we also need some level of anonymity. I dunno.
GORDON
Site Admin

Parler

Post by GORDON »

Leave the unsecured network to the anonymous and trolls. Make a secured net for the 99.99% of people who want accountability. Any news network that uses the unsecured net as a source can be considered a joke.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: We need some level of accountability. But, we also need some level of anonymity. I dunno.
Exactly where I'm at.

I feel like FB can dig themselves out of their current situation by enforcing a new policy of verified user accounts, ala Twitter. Once people can be held accountable for their words, then it's out of FB's hands.

However, is that what we want with cancel culture running amok squashing free speech? Without actual lines, people can be ruined for saying the wrong thing, intentional or not.
GORDON wrote: Any news network that uses the unsecured net as a source can be considered a joke.
This is a slippery slope. I want the government OUT of media. However, I also think we need some rules for media that currently don't exist.

Rule #1 - Analysis and Opinion pieces cannot be included on the front page of a newspaper, in any segment aside from the final one on local news, and anywhere in the "Top stories" area of a website.
Rule #1a - Analysis and Opinion pieces must be clearly and prominently labeled.
Rule #2 - Outlets found to report false and unverified news more than ____ times in a year can lose their license. (Did I mention let's give them licenses that essentially verifies their credentials?)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit, the author of that article is wearing their bigotry on their sleeve proudly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Holy shit, the author of that article is wearing their bigotry on their sleeve proudly.
Have ya read Gizmodo?
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

Only tech stuff.

I'm guessing they're far left?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Only tech stuff.

I'm guessing they're far left?
Whenever they talk politics, yes. It's mostly people in their 20s in the city writing there, afaik.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

People really need to travel to escape their bubbles for a bit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Parler

Post by GORDON »

Israel has the right idea with the mandatory service.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

I swear on all that is holy that my post originally included that, but I figured it might spark too long of a discussion.

Getting country folk into cities, getting city folks into the country, and mingling people from all races, sexes, walks of life can only help the country. It can help people see more than just their own perspective.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Gone from Google.

Gone from Apple.

About to lose its web hosting at AWS
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

I'm waiting for cable/satellite/streaming companies to start pulling OAN, and then Fox News. Scoff, but it's coming.

This is not a good trend. I understand the logic, but for the past year people have been dying, getting hurt, and businesses looted or burned to the ground in riots organized through social media and nobody did shit.

One could argue the social media companies learned, but that time frame versus how quickly they're acting against right wingers will only fuel the fire of those individuals. Unfortunately, I'm seeing it first hand via RW crazies on FB. I've seen multiple posts about where they're all headed.

Turning on the lights doesn't kill cockroaches. Sure, it makes them scatter, but they breed in silence and darkness.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Turning on the lights doesn't kill cockroaches. Sure, it makes them scatter, but they breed in silence and darkness.
Then they come out, and get shot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Every service provider is abandoning parler
Parler CEO John Matze said today that his social media company has been dropped by virtually all of its business alliances after Amazon, Apple and Google ended their agreements with the social media service.

“Every vendor from text message services to email providers to our lawyers all ditched us too on the same day,” Matze said today on Fox News.

Matze conceded that the bans could put the company out of business while raising free speech issues, calling it “an assault on everybody.”
Maybe don't run a platform of people plotting violence against the USA? Just a thought.