Parler

Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Turning on the lights doesn't kill cockroaches. Sure, it makes them scatter, but they breed in silence and darkness.
Then they come out, and get shot.
This is really, really stupid.
TheCatt wrote: Maybe don't run a platform of right wing people plotting violence against the USA? Just a thought.
Fixed that for you because everything else in 2020 contradicts your statement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: This is really, really stupid.
Fighting fire with fire.
Leisher wrote: Fixed that for you because everything else in 2020 contradicts your statement.
I only saw one attempt to overthrow democratic results.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fighting fire with fire.
So you're rooting for a civil war? Domestic terrorism?

If you only fight cockroaches when you see them, you will never get rid of the cockroaches.
TheCatt wrote: I only saw one attempt to overthrow democratic results.
I'm sure everyone who lost their lives as a direct and indirect result of all the rioting are thrilled with your empathy.

None of what's been going on is good and neither is "better" than the other.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So you're rooting for a civil war? Domestic terrorism?

If you only fight cockroaches when you see them, you will never get rid of the cockroaches.
You don't let them build nests, and take over the hosue.
Leisher wrote: None of what's been going on is good and neither is "better" than the other.
I certainly don't condone the rioting, but I also do not agree. There are levels, there are differences.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You don't let them build nests, and take over the hosue.
And yet, that's what you're letting them do. Well, only one species...
TheCatt wrote: I certainly don't condone the rioting, but I also do not agree. There are levels, there are differences.
I guess the difference comes in which side you choose. Personally, I think both are scum and neither should be allowed to do what they did.
GORDON
Site Admin

Parler

Post by GORDON »

I'd wager less damage was done in DC than in Portland.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Good luck with that.

So, if we stop misinformation, we don't have 25% of Americans having doubts about the election right? We don't have 10k crazies storming the Capitol? At what point is the line drawn between freedom of speech and constant misinformation? I don't know if anyone read the WSJ profile I posted, but that dude WHOLESALE believes Q, Trump, etc. He would be called insane in any other world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I don't know if anyone read the WSJ profile I posted, but that dude WHOLESALE believes Q, Trump, etc. He would be called insane in any other world.
I didn't need to as I'm related to a couple who believe ALL of the above.
TheCatt wrote: So, if we stop misinformation, we don't have 25% of Americans having doubts about the election right? We don't have 10k crazies storming the Capitol? At what point is the line drawn between freedom of speech and constant misinformation?
1 - Shutting down Parler does nothing to stop misinformation.
2 - Those people have already scattered elsewhere.
3 - As we've seen, the MSM spreads misinformation all the time, right and left. What is being done about that? Why is that ok, but we draw the line at crazies ranting on some little used app?
4 - Why is it totally ok to shut down misinformation targeting right wingers, but not left wingers?

But yes, it would be fantastic if we could shut down ALL misinformation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:24 pm 1 - Shutting down Parler does nothing to stop misinformation.
Then why are they so fucking whiny about it?
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Parler

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:35 pm
Good luck with that.

So, if we stop misinformation, we don't have 25% of Americans having doubts about the election right? We don't have 10k crazies storming the Capitol? At what point is the line drawn between freedom of speech and constant misinformation? I don't know if anyone read the WSJ profile I posted, but that dude WHOLESALE believes Q, Trump, etc. He would be called insane in any other world.
It is amusing me that peeps are beginning to come around to "most people don't deserve freedom of speech because they're too stupid," like I was saying on here years ago.

It is more amusing to me that the people who are traditionally the freedom-loving hippies are the ones beginning to come around to the nazi ideals of "we only burn the really bad books."

I have an old tire to throw on the nearest fire, if it helps.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:15 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:24 pm 1 - Shutting down Parler does nothing to stop misinformation.
Because it's their cause. People need something to give them purpose.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 am
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:15 pm
Because it's their cause. People need something to give them purpose.
They're whiny because THEY STILL HAVE A PLATFORM.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

“Fry’em up. The whole fkn crew. #pelosi #aoc #thesquad #soros #gates #chuckschumer #hrc #obama #adamschiff #blm #antifa we are coming for you and you will know it.”
“#JackDorsey ... you will die a bloody death alongside Mark Suckerturd [Zuckerberg].... It has been decided and plans are being put in place. Remember the photographs inside your home while you slept? Yes, that close. You will die a sudden death!”
“We are going to fight in a civil War on Jan.20th, Form MILITIAS now and acquire targets.”
“On January 20th we need to start systematicly [sic] assassinating [sic] #liberal leaders, liberal activists, #blm leaders and supporters, members of the #nba #nfl #mlb #nhl #mainstreammedia anchors and correspondents and #antifa. I already have a news worthy event planned.”
“Shoot the police that protect these shitbag senators right in the head then make the senator grovel a bit before capping they ass.”
“After the firing squads are done with the politicians the teachers are next.”
“Death to @zuckerberg @realjeffbezos @jackdorsey @pichai.”
“White people need to ignite their racial identity and rain down suffering and death like a hurricane upon zionists.”
“Put a target on these motherless trash [Antifa] they aren’t human taking one out would be like stepping on a roach no different.”
“We need to act like our forefathers did Kill [Black and Jewish people] all Leave no victims or survivors.”
“We are coming with our list we know where you live we know who you are and we are coming for you and it starts on the 6th civil war... Lol if you will think it’s a joke... Enjoy your last few days you have.”
“This bitch [Stacey Abrams] will be good target practice for our beginners.”
“This cu** [United States Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao] should be... hung for betraying their country.”
“Hang this mofo [Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger] today.”
“HANG THAt N***** ASAP” :!:
Quotes from Parler.

Interestingly, iirc, Parler requires you to verify your identity before you post.
GORDON
Site Admin

Parler

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:02 pm
Leisher wrote: So you're rooting for a civil war? Domestic terrorism?

You don't let them build nests, and take over the hosue.
Leisher wrote: None of what's been going on is good and neither is "better" than the other.
I certainly don't condone the rioting, but I also do not agree. There are levels, there are differences.
In DC they directly attacked the government. In Portland they... What.... Burned the community and tried to stop people from driving? Because first the police were too brutal and then scope creep had them tearing down racist statues and then eventually just BLM?

Poor leadership, no one driving that ship. They didn't change anything, that's bad and they get no respect from me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 am In DC they directly attacked the government.
In response to lies, and having been misled.
GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 am What.... Burned the community and tried to stop people from driving? Because first the police were too brutal and then scope creep had them tearing down racist statues and then eventually just BLM?
In protest of hundreds of years of mistreatment and inequality.
GORDON
Site Admin

Parler

Post by GORDON »

Well I sort of wish they hadn't sucked so much and actually caused this country to stop brutal law enforcement tactics, instead of just provoking "nazis" into hitting them with their cars for a photo opportunity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Parler

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:35 am
“Fry’em up. The whole fkn crew. #pelosi #aoc #thesquad #soros #gates #chuckschumer #hrc #obama #adamschiff #blm #antifa we are coming for you and you will know it.”
“#JackDorsey ... you will die a bloody death alongside Mark Suckerturd [Zuckerberg].... It has been decided and plans are being put in place. Remember the photographs inside your home while you slept? Yes, that close. You will die a sudden death!”
“We are going to fight in a civil War on Jan.20th, Form MILITIAS now and acquire targets.”
“On January 20th we need to start systematicly [sic] assassinating [sic] #liberal leaders, liberal activists, #blm leaders and supporters, members of the #nba #nfl #mlb #nhl #mainstreammedia anchors and correspondents and #antifa. I already have a news worthy event planned.”
“Shoot the police that protect these shitbag senators right in the head then make the senator grovel a bit before capping they ass.”
“After the firing squads are done with the politicians the teachers are next.”
“Death to @zuckerberg @realjeffbezos @jackdorsey @pichai.”
“White people need to ignite their racial identity and rain down suffering and death like a hurricane upon zionists.”
“Put a target on these motherless trash [Antifa] they aren’t human taking one out would be like stepping on a roach no different.”
“We need to act like our forefathers did Kill [Black and Jewish people] all Leave no victims or survivors.”
“We are coming with our list we know where you live we know who you are and we are coming for you and it starts on the 6th civil war... Lol if you will think it’s a joke... Enjoy your last few days you have.”
“This bitch [Stacey Abrams] will be good target practice for our beginners.”
“This cu** [United States Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao] should be... hung for betraying their country.”
“Hang this mofo [Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger] today.”
“HANG THAt N***** ASAP” :!:
Quotes from Parler.

Interestingly, iirc, Parler requires you to verify your identity before you post.
How many of those things took place? It's all bravado and bullshit by ignorant, small minded jackasses. It's also nothing different than what I see on other social media on a daily basis from both political spectrum's extremes. Go into the comments the next time there's a police shooting. It's just a cavalcade of messages about peace and tolerance... :roll:

When you start censoring this stuff, which is undeniably an "easy" target, you're moving the line of what is free speech and what isn't. I don't think that's a line that should ever be moved. Sure none of this dumb shit ever needs to be said or heard, but what happens when the line drops to the point where we're no longer allowed to even criticize the government? That's what concerns me.

Additionally, you're making these mental midgets take their idiot parade underground, which makes it harder to find them. I love that Parler required people to prove who they were, and yet these assholes still thought they could spout off that way. We know who they all are, and can take the appropriate measures like watching them, preventing them from getting guns, and so on.
GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 amIn DC they directly attacked the government.
GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 amIn Portland they... What.... Burned the community and tried to stop people from driving?
Barricaded a police station and set it ablaze with police and civilians inside. Sectioned off a multiple square block area and deemed it to be no longer a part of the U.S.

IMHO, both situations were direct assaults on the government.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Parler

Post by TheCatt »

Word on the street is that parler is partially back. And being hosted by a Russian technology firm. Because, of course it is.