AT&T

Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

I'm currently dealing with AT&T sending my company to collections for not paying for a service since they instituted billing on it in the beginning of December. They even emailed me this morning to say they had to disconnect it.

Here's the thing, the service was ordered in December, but it was never installed. In fact, in the account notes it specifically says, "Customer disputing charges since service is not install yet. Scheduled for 02/21".

That was highlighted in the email, yet the following paragraph the woman actually says, "I am just reaching out to 1. Make sure you understand this circuit was disconnected and 2. get some information on why it was cancelled."

For fuck's sake! This is not rocket science. It would be so easy to add something to their systems that prevents billing until a tech goes in and makes the account active, meaning service has been installed and turned on. However, last I heard AT&T had about 9 ERP systems and their board won't spend the money to merge them all into one. Can't waste the money on Customer Service, we've got to constantly make shareholders happy so our bonuses are bigger! Otherwise how will the board members afford yachts to go get their little noodles wet by gold digging whores?!
TheCatt
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by TheCatt »

I WFH and have 1Gb symmetrical fiber. Then I go visit the work office, in the 2nd tech capital of the US, and we have 35up/300down Mpbs. 100Mbps symmetrical would cost $500/month.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

AT&T

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: I WFH and have 1Gb symmetrical fiber. Then I go visit the work office, in the 2nd tech capital of the US, and we have 35up/300down Mpbs. 100Mbps symmetrical would cost $500/month.
Is that what you would pay for home service, or that's what your company would pay for business service? I have noticed that if you put 'business class' in the name of a product, the price goes way up, with nothing changing in the level of service. I have to be careful when setting up certain account to NOT mention it's for a business. Otherwise, I pay a lot more.

I bet your company could not get the same internet connection installed, that you have at your home. The provider wouldn't allow it, OR, they would charge a lot more for it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Is that what you would pay for home service, or that's what your company would pay for business service?
Yes, that's the business class.

And, I understand the price differences that happen for personal/business service.

But, It's not even an option. Literally 1 mile from Harvard, and 1 mile from MIT. They cannot get 100 Mbps up.
Cakedaddy

AT&T

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oh. I thought it was an example of your company being too cheap for good service.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Oh. I thought it was an example of your company being too cheap for good service.
No, they have the best they can get. More ranting about the terrible state of high speed internet in the US.
GORDON
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by GORDON »

Hey Leisher, if you don't pay me $10,000 for the service I did not provide, I'm going to report you to collections.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by TheCatt »

Also, AT&T is an abortion. We looked into getting service through them a couple of times, and I'm forever grateful that we did not.
Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Hey Leisher, if you don't pay me $10,000 for the service I did not provide, I'm going to report you to collections.
That's exactly what they're doing. This is not the first time either.
TheCatt wrote: Also, AT&T is an abortion.
They're in business despite themselves. Their products are good and reliable. Their management and billing is about as embarrassing as a company can be and still function.
Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

Just heard today that AT&T is going to be doing massive restructuring and that will include terminations, layoffs, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by GORDON »

I'd think that telecom would be one of the businesses still doing well.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

I would think so, but then again with other businesses offline and laying people off they could be seeing a business drop.

They could also just as easily be using this as an excuse to purge. AT&T is filled to the brim with middle management.
TheCatt
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, AT&T has a ton of worthless people, based on every single experience I've ever had with them.
Leisher
Site Admin

AT&T

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: To be fair, AT&T has a ton of worthless people, based on every single experience I've ever had with them.
I've known 2 that were awesome. My sales rep is one of them.

Every decent to good support person has moved onto much higher paying third parties.