Flying, and the TSA

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Yeah we all knew you had monthlies.
People I would kill if I had that power.

1. Gordon
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Yeah we all knew you had monthlies.
People I would kill if I had that power.

1. Gordon
:D
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, getting paid $800 to stay an extra night in a hotel you probably didn't have to pay for is a good deal. The couple of times my flights were over booked, I was hoping they would pick me for whatever offer they were going to make.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Ya, getting paid $800 to stay an extra night in a hotel you probably didn't have to pay for is a good deal. The couple of times my flights were over booked, I was hoping they would pick me for whatever offer they were going to make.
Yeah, hotel was provided in addition to the 800.

My flight was also oversold on the way up, but it would have meant showing up to my office hours late. Couldn't volunteer on that one :(
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Logan was the busiest I've ever seen it today. Fortunately, TSA line was still only 5 minutes.

Unfortunately my flight got delayed. So get to hang out for a while
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

That sucks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That sucks.
It's kinda par for the course flying home for some reason. I'd say 10/12 flights home have been 1 hour delayed or more.

Also, does no one turn their phone to airplane mode any more on the plane? Cuz an informal survey of every-person-I've-flown-next-to-over-the-past-year says No.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

They know how to PUT the plane on a schedule, they just don't know how to KEEP the plane on a schedule.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Also, does no one turn their phone to airplane mode any more on the plane? Cuz an informal survey of every-person-I've-flown-next-to-over-the-past-year says No.
Nobody does. My headphones are bluetooth. Know what happens if I go into airplane mode? I lose my headphones. Fuck that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Also, does no one turn their phone to airplane mode any more on the plane? Cuz an informal survey of every-person-I've-flown-next-to-over-the-past-year says No.
Nobody does. My headphones are bluetooth. Know what happens if I go into airplane mode? I lose my headphones. Fuck that.
Mine are Bluetooth as well. I either flip on airplane mode, then turn Bluetooth back on, or I turn off WiFi and cellular
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

I.literally asked a flight attendant last time if BT headphones were ok, and she said they were fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I.literally asked a flight attendant last time if BT headphones were ok, and she said they were fine.
They are. It's only cellular data that matters.

The cell radios on the phones go to their highest power when they cannot reach a cell tower, which can interfere with the pilot's headsets (noise). Also kills the battery.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I turn off WiFi and cellular
That's what I do.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I turn off WiFi and cellular
That's what I do.
The last several people I've sat to have done nothing.
thibodeaux

Flying, and the TSA

Post by thibodeaux »

Apparently if you aren’t allowed to bring a MacBook with the recalled battery on a plane now. My question is: are the agents going to check your serial number? Or is it just: no MacBook allowed? Or is it honor system?

Or do they not have a policy and the individual agents can decide your MacBook is verboten at the checkpoint?
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

They're highly trained and paid officers. You think they won't know???
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Apparently if you aren’t allowed to bring a MacBook with the recalled battery on a plane now. My question is: are the agents going to check your serial number? Or is it just: no MacBook allowed? Or is it honor system?

Or do they not have a policy and the individual agents can decide your MacBook is verboten at the checkpoint?
This reminded me of my past few experiences flying, where people keep ignoring the flight attendants about stowing gear, not using laptops, etc. Gordon's right. People are garbage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

Without the threat of an imminent spanking for breaking them, garbage people don't follow rules.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Without the threat of an imminent spanking for breaking them, garbage people don't follow rules.
Hijacking (hah! get it!) the thread: 45% of people say they wear the same underwear for TWO DAYS OR MORE IN A ROW
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

Never, ever.

Unless like lost in the woods for more than a day, or something like that. But I'd rather go commando (which I do 99% of the time, anyway). And in that case, I don't wear the same pants/shorts two days in a row, either.