Flying, and the TSA

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Stinky people suing about being kicked off plane for being stink y https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fa ... s-n1127346

Gfto the plane, stinkies
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

Took off from Charlotte today at 1:05. Landed at 2:15...in Charlotte.

No explanation, but we had to turn around. Pilots were in a jovial mood, so it must not have been too serious.

New plane took off around 3:15-3:30. New pilots with our pilots riding along. Captain's pre-flight message included: "We understand this is your second attempt to get home today. This will be the final attempt. We'll have you there in an hour." I kind of thought that was a bit of a shot at the original pilots.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

I really dislike the lack of explanations on some flying events. Had one of those flying into Boston. I had a window seat and could see WAY TOO MUCH of the runway. Apparently we were missing it, and we flew off and into nee Hampshire before turning around and trying again. Super windy day.

But never an explanation
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

I think they are told to lie or not say shit so they can avoid lawsuits.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

Just set an appointment for my kid to get fingerprinted for Pre-Check. His first fingerprinting... sigh. They grow up so fast.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

Here's a new thought.... what are the odds of a domestic flight being cancelled in July, due to coronovirus?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Here's a new thought.... what are the odds of a domestic flight being cancelled in July, due to coronovirus?
Who the hell knows. Flights to "heavily" infected areas are already being canceled. It seems likely the virus will spread. Travel stocks are WAY down on the expectation that people will stop traveling or we'll have more service stoppages.

JetBlue is already allowing flight changes (for a period of time), others may follow.

But maybe we'll make vaccines + meds by then?
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

I, literally, just booked a flight for March and I'm wondering if my return flight will be cancelled 4 days later.

I also have an event on the West coast coming up that I was going to fly our for, and I'm now questioning it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

Kinda hoping we have fewer foreign tourists at Arches.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I, literally, just booked a flight for March and I'm wondering if my return flight will be cancelled 4 days later.

I also have an event on the West coast coming up that I was going to fly our for, and I'm now questioning it.
I'm doubtful that we'd end up in that situation, but you never know.

I'm booking my end of March flight ("Assuming the world doesn't end") now...
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

If domestic air travel gets shut down, then you'll know we're in deep shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: If domestic air travel gets shut down, then you'll know we're in deep shit.
Exactly.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

I don't think anyone will care though if the highest-risk peeps are over 60, and then they only have like a 10% chance of dying from it.

Only .4% in my age group. My shit is strong. Cough in my face and let me build the antibodies for it, I'm ready.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:09 am A friend of mine flies a billion miles a year, and has Delta Diamond(?) or whatever their highest tier is. turns out he can gift Gold status to a person each year, and he gave it to me this year.

Honestly, it's not quite as cool as it used to be, no lounge access, you board after Diamond + Comfort plus people, etc. But you can get unlimited upgrades if they are available, so we'll see how this works out.
So... I got 2 flight legs upgraded in 2 years cuz I barely flew due to the pandemic. And, Delta fucked me by not extending my status, despite this email:

I called them and they were like "OH, yeah, that doesn't apply to you since you got it as a gift"

Then why send me the fucking email?

Anyways, good news, turns out one of my best friends since middle school ALSO has status and he offered to gift it to me today.

The goal/plan this year is to fly a lot more. We've already got trips for February (Florida), March (work-Boston), April (work-Boston), April (Utah), May (LA for fun + Boston for work), June (Nantucket for fun), and then we're going to Iceland, Scotland, England, and France for July-August.

So hopefully a few more upgrades in my future.
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

American cutting service in 4 cities due to pilot shortage.

I've heard pilots don't make shit?

Also, it has to be due to the shortage because that Toledo-Charlotte flight was ALWAYS packed there and back and ran two times a day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:15 pm I've heard pilots don't make shit?
I've heard pilots make a shit ton.

So it must depend on a lot of variables.

$90k-$200k sounds pretty decent.

Regional pilots make very little.
GORDON
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by GORDON »

My dollar is that the corporations are, somehow, making the job hellish and are willfully not hiring pilots at that rate.

(Also heard a bunch of them in their 60s took early retirement when covid shut everything down)
Leisher
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:21 pm $90k-$200k sounds pretty decent.
Sounds very decent. Much different than what I have been told.
GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:34 pm My dollar is that the corporations are, somehow, making the job hellish and are willfully not hiring pilots at that rate.
I'm sure that's part of it.
GORDON wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:34 pm (Also heard a bunch of them in their 60s took early retirement when covid shut everything down)
I had heard that as well. They weren't prepared for the mass exodus.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Flying, and the TSA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, most pilots, afaik, are unions. So they get the rates with time.