Facebook/Meta

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Adds personal boundary to their VR space.
On December 9, the day Horizon Worlds went live, a beta tester revealed in the official Horizon group on Facebook (via The Verge) that she'd been virtually groped by another user during a session.
I have questions...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Facebook

Post by Cakedaddy »

Right? My wife talked about an article where people complained of being groped. I'm like "so?" Instead of personal space, just give me the option to block that person.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

Then make a big blacklist of known gropers.

It's like they never used tech before.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

It finally happened to us. My wife and I were out walking the dog, in our neighborhood. I had my phone, she did not have her phone.

We discussed how Germans raise their children versus Americans, etc.

Tonight, ad on her Facebook for "raising children the German way"

We googled nothing related.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Imagine if our lawmakers actually worked for the people. Shit like this wouldn't happen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

Starting Thursday, the platform is splitting up its main "home" section into two tabs. The move is part of a push by Facebook to show users more entertaining, recommended content
So, more ads.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:23 am
Starting Thursday, the platform is splitting up its main "home" section into two tabs. The move is part of a push by Facebook to show users more entertaining, recommended content
So, more ads.
Well, what would make Wall St happier? A new easy to navigate home page that allows users to see what they want or a new home page will more ads?
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

People talking to each other is just a drain on their servers. Pushing ads is $$$. They're looking for that fine line between being useful, and selling eyeballs. I'd love a company that was honest about that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Headline: It didn't take long for Meta's new chatbot to say something offensive

Find the "offensive" part in the quoted part below. The article never states what it is...
In conversations with CNN Business this week, the chatbot, which was released publicly Friday and has been dubbed BlenderBot 3, said it identifies as "alive" and "human," watches anime and has an Asian wife. It also falsely claimed that Donald Trump is still president and there is "definitely a lot of evidence" that the election was stolen.

If some of those responses weren't concerning enough for Facebook's parent company, users were quick to point out that the artificial intelligence-powered bot openly blasted Facebook. In one case, the chatbot reportedly said it had "deleted my account" over frustration with how Facebook handles user data.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am It also falsely claimed that Donald Trump is still president and there is "definitely a lot of evidence" that the election was stolen.
Also
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am has an Asian wife
Token Asianism.
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 amwatches anime
Also, it's a fucking loser.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

I submit none of those things are offensive.

It wasn't "offensive" when Gore and the Ds claimed the election was stolen in 2000, why would it be now?

Calling someone Asian isn't offensive or calling someone white, black, or Latino would be equally offensive.

And what anime?
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

The other day I saw someone still claiming the "supreme court stole the 2000 election." I pointed out that the supreme court merely forced Florida to obey their own election laws, and was downvoted.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

You might as well go into a church and Sunday and tell them all God doesn't exist.

People who worship letters are cult members.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

Tat being said, I wonder how Gore would have handled 9/11.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Posting this mostly because of the glasses. I don't think I knew they were coming out.