Facebook/Meta

GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

So it's google glasses, which we're generally hated and discontinued, except now ray bans and more sneaky.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Yep.

On the bright side, maybe people will have their hands free now to help people in trouble instead of just filming.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

I sort of get "you have no expectation of privacy in public."

But if we survive as a species, I fully expect computer data directly scanned against retinas through invisible implants within 150 years. So. For now they look expensive and easily snatchable off some hipster's face.

Government will love these surveillance cameras that everyone volunteers to wear.

#remindme 2172
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Let's see if Zuck gets the same hate as Elon or if he's given a pass because he's on the political left.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

Meta is laying off 13% of its staff, or more than 11,000 employees, CEO Mark Zuckerberg told employees Wednesday.
“Today I’m sharing some of the most difficult changes we’ve made in Meta’s history,” Zuckerberg said in the letter. “I’ve decided to reduce the size of our team by about 13% and let more than 11,000 of our talented employees go. We are also taking a number of additional steps to become a leaner and more efficient company by cutting discretionary spending and extending our hiring freeze through Q1.”
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

Suggests there are 100k people on the VR team.

Holy fucking shit. What a waste of manpower.
Troy

Facebook/Meta

Post by Troy »

Z didn’t escape the axe man. She got an email this morning. I have a lot of “I told you so” energy but I’m trying to be supportive as an ex-partner. And also the stock she ends up with is still half mine!
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:38 am I have a lot of “I told you so” energy but I’m trying to be supportive as an ex-partner.
Good for you. Be the adult in the room until you're alone and then giggle. Exactly how to deal with your situation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

It's kind of like he saw every distopic virtual reality from our civilization's fiction, nd said GODDAM I GOT TO GET IN FRONT OF THAT AND BE THE RICH PERSON IN CHARGE.

But apparently we aren't ready to live in Ready Player One, yet. It'll probably be when the full-body haptic sex suits are ready.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm It'll probably be when the full-body haptic sex suits are ready.
Dennis Miller in the 80s and I'm paraphrasing: "When an iron worker can come home and have sex with Claudia Schiffer for $19.99, it'll make crack look like Sanka."
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

I watched some show on Amazon I think, dead people have their consciousness sent to computer-heaven, and depending on your subscription plan sometimes it's nice, and sometimes it sucks. Plus there are in-app purchases.

Anyway, my point is that show did a good job of showing how nasty one of those suits would get when a live person wanted to visit their dead boyfriend in computer heaven to have sex.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:04 pm I watched some show on Amazon I think, dead people have their consciousness sent to computer-heaven
Black Mirror did that episode too to critical acclaim.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

San Cupertino. I watched it twice. This show was kinda like that except mostly romcom.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

This is almost exactly the same as the pre-Elon Twitter work day videos.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

As predicted, copies Twitter and is rolling out a verification service.

Currently, other Twitter users are making fun of this trend. I see memes/opinions daily in the vein of "This person pays for Twitter".

I don't think these short sighted people realize that eventually social media will all be pay services and/or there will be a government mandate that citizens must verify their accounts.

"It's for the greater good! It doesn't infringe upon your 1st amendment right because you can still say whatever you want!"
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

It's my idea for the Identity Bit, except privatized and less efficient.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

I sure look forward to my $1.35
It's not me, it's someone else.