Facebook/Meta

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Yep. That's the internet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Yay religion...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

It just means he likes her.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

FB wants you to know politicians are your superiors.

I like how they still kept the door open to remove posts that are "incorrect" or "offensive". In other words, if they wanted to remove all Republicans posts, they can.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

I got downvoted to hell on reddit one day when I stated that removing "russian attempts to influence elections" is actually censorship.

It's only bad when it hurts your own team.

When you cut off a person's tongue, you're only saying you fear what he has to say.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: When you cut off a person's tongue, you're only saying you fear what he has to say.
I might steal that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

I stole it from Game of Thrones.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

Facebook

Post by Vince »

And the UK and Australian government as well. Bastards.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

plus turn in your guns plz thx
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: plus turn in your guns plz thx
Yep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Why'd you post that here?

Anyway, that is, literally, what's going to end humanity. Once we remove the incentive to work hard, improve ourselves, and to create, we're just going to curl up and die as a species.

Please explain to me the difference between what they're proposing, and what the Amish already do and believe.

It is hilarious that this type of logic is praised by people who call themselves "progressives".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why'd you post that here?
This is my "things I see on twitter of FB thread" cuz I'm lazy.
Leisher wrote: Anyway, that is, literally, what's going to end humanity. Once we remove the incentive to work hard, improve ourselves, and to create, we're just going to curl up and die as a species.

Please explain to me the difference between what they're proposing, and what the Amish already do and believe.
WHY DON'T PEOPLE STOP DOING WHAT I DONT WANT THEM TO DO. This will always be my #1 problem with progressives. And conservatives.

Ostensibly they keep working because they are rewarded by the market. And they get rewarded largely for being good at what they do (Baby Bidens and Trumps excluded)
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: WHY DON'T PEOPLE STOP DOING WHAT I DONT WANT THEM TO DO. This will always be my #1 problem with progressives. And conservatives.
Agree, but to be fair (TO BE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR), we're doing exactly that all the time as well:
-Why don't people stop being morons?
-Why don't people stop being selfish?
-Why don't people stop voting for politicians that have been in office since dinosaurs walked the Earth?
-Why don't people stop worshiping the Kardashians?
-Why don't all these hot young women stop not having sex with us?
...you get my point.

In this case, I believe it comes down to us wanting people to stop expecting everything to be done for them or handed to them. You don't have a right to ___________ just because you exist. Sorry, that's not how it works. Take a look at the natural world and show me when lions won't eat a baby gazelle because it was only born with three legs or because it got some other disadvantage. That gazelle, sad as reality is, would be lunch.

People bust their ass to be successful because:
1. They get rich.
2. They get fame.
3. They get power.

All of that leads to getting top shelf pussy (or dick).

Take away #1 from that list and you'll get people willing to do anything to get #2 and #3. What type of person wants #2 and #3? Mass shooters and dictators. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: -Why don't people stop being morons?
-Why don't people stop voting for politicians that have been in office since dinosaurs walked the Earth?
I want people to stop doing those things, but I won't MAKE them do those things.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: -Why don't people stop being morons?
I want people to stop doing those things, but I won't MAKE them do those things.
Fair point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fair point.
Except the last one, isn't that what the gun is for? :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »