Facebook/Meta

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

What is homoflexible? (Spell check doesn't think it's a word.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: I've never been clear on the difference between bi and pan. I once asked a Tinder girl who described herself as pansexual if that meant boys, girls, and animals. She wasn't amused, didn't have sex with her.
7pv9mi43vnj41.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I had some friends SUPER UPSET last night about being censored, but sounds like they just messed up.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

North Face pulls ads from FB saying they're not doing enough to stop hate speech.

That's good and all, but whose hate speech? There's obvious hate speech, and then there's regular political talk on both sides that opponents on the other would call hate speech.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty small start, but we'll see..
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

They would have to, by definition, be silencing tonight's fake stories about chaos in Kentucky.

I don't think censoring the left is what they had in mind.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Facebook gives in to advertiser boycott.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Friday said the company will change its policies to prohibit hate speech in its advertisements.
Under its new policies, Facebook will ban ads that claim people from a specific race, ethnicity, nationality, caste, gender, sexual orientation or immigration origin are a threat to the physical safety or health of anyone else, Zuckerberg said.
At least, I think that's what they were upset about, or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Under its new policies, Facebook will ban ads that claim people from a specific race, ethnicity, nationality, caste, gender, sexual orientation or immigration origin are a threat to the physical safety or health of anyone else, Zuckerberg said.
This was a thing? I've never seen ads like that.

Well, except for EVERY ad in existence that implies men wouldn't even be able to dress themselves without women.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Well, except for EVERY ad in existence that implies men wouldn't even be able to dress themselves without women.
To be fair, it's been the responsibility of anyone I've ever dated/married/etc to buy my clothes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Same. I don't shop for clothes. Ridiculous waste of time and I genuinely cannot think of anything more boring. Meanwhile, my wife loves it and will complain about what I wear anyway, so why bother? Plus, she's going to dress me up well where I don't pay attention to fashion trends.

However, I can cook, do laundry, make a bed, change a diaper, clean, and so on. I learned to do most of those things while living on my own. So contrary to what advertising will tell you, men can exist without women. That doesn't take away their importance, but stop pretending we don't provide.
Cakedaddy

Facebook

Post by Cakedaddy »

"Is that what you're wearing?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

"What are you going to wear?"

"Whatever you put out for me because whatever I choose you'll just veto anyway."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Coca Cola pauses advertising on all social media.

This, imho, is the smartest tactic so far. They're just ending all advertising across the board, which should make the offended people happy, while also making the non-offended people less pissed than if Coke was taking a stand against one outlet for one issue.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

An ad I just got on fB
We are giving away 1000 AirPro's, including 5 new matte colors with a beautiful anti-scratch, soft textured finish, for only $59.99 while supplies last.
wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Maybe because Apple's prices are so insanely high, that is considered free?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm Maybe because Apple's prices are so insanely high, that is considered free?
I reported it for being misleading. :)