Facebook/Meta

TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Meh. Fuckum. Probably trying to shake FB down, in some way.
Yeah... let OUR government be the one to shake them down, if anyone's gonna do it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

"Come at me, Canada."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

MacKenzie Bezos is giving half her money to charity.

Three things:
1. I'm changing my name to charity.
2. I would still be willing to be her man whore for some financial consideration.
3. I REALLY wish someone would follow up on where all the money goes and how it's used. As much money is given to charities, how do we still have poverty...?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

If they were serious, pretty sure we don't need them in our species and they should be removed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If they were serious, pretty sure we don't need them in our species and they should be removed.
I'm pretty sure she was serious, but I haven't been able to find out more information about her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

I voted anyway. I will not be silenced.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

Vote no to help steer the world toward silliness.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

I figured vote No to make it more difficult for Silverman to land work, and thus, we see her less.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I figured vote No to make it more difficult for Silverman to land work, and thus, we see her less.
Hmmm. I like her comically. But her twitter isn't me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

I used to like her comedy, but she's become crazy outspoken on the left. Do that in your private time and I have no issue. Do it on stage and I'm out.

As Jordan said, "Republicans buy sneakers too." (Not that I'm an R, but you get the point.)

Loved her on The League and that was post her going off the left end. Why? She didn't do anything political, she was just hilarious. Same reason I could enjoy Schumer in Trainwreck. She left politics and her other insane views on the world out of it.

Had to stop following Albert Brooks on Twitter, because while I think he's tragically underrated and a brilliant writer, his political posts were too one sided to constantly see. Ditto for several other celebrities both left and right.

I think social media is a lot more damaging for stars' careers than they realize. "Never meet your heroes" kind of gets destroyed by social media. Plus, you can never please everyone. What do you gain by posting anything political? Nobody new is going to follow you because they agree with your politics. They will claim to, but that's bullshit. Following you on Twitter doesn't equal box office receipts. Thus, all you're really doing is losing audience.

If you ever get famous, get off social media.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

Silverman did a thing a year or so ago, she went to so-called right wing enclaves, and showed that they are just regular people, and maybe not deserving of hate.

The left hated it.

Silverman is ok with me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Silverman did a thing a year or so ago, she went to so-called right wing enclaves, and showed that they are just regular people, and maybe not deserving of hate.

The left hated it.

Silverman is ok with me.
I remember that and dug the effort as well. Never saw it though. Worth watching?
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

I watched one ep. It was ok. I remember the liberal hatred of treating the enemy like people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Favorite tweet I've read today
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

what's the context?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: what's the context?
I dunno, she's the maker of these crayons, and, honestly, I'm not sure of her political leanings. Not liberal, but right-wing either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

They're usually not lefties if they are gleefully un-PC.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »