Facebook/Meta

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Good. We need more watchmen calling everyone on their bullshit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Good for Signal.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:31 pmGood for Signal.
It almost convinced me to download their app.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Changing rules for politicians.
Facebook has never been clear on what exceptions to its rules it allows for world leaders. This became particularly clear last summer when Trump posted that "looting" will lead to "shooting" in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd.
Some of Facebook's own staff protested at the time, saying the post was a clear incitement or glorification of violence. However, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said it would not be coming down.
Zuck made the right call there. There's no glorification or incitement of violence in Trump's statement. It was based on the pattern seen previously, and repeated after George Floyd's death.

It will be interesting to see how strict FB staff is on politicians going forward. Not just because they just went through a truly extreme case in Trump, but also to see if they let their own politics affect what they block, ala Twitter.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

FB suggests people you may know, and it's generally friends of friends or such... then today I got this.

Feels unlikely.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Should I know who that is?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:42 pm Should I know who that is?
If you've been watching women's beach volleyball in the past few Olympics. She won the gold medal year this year with her teammate.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Cool. Proud of her, but pass.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Assholes online are assholes IRL, too, they just typically only interact with their friends. On the internet, they interact with more strangers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

People when I argue with them on the Internet.

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

Everything about that screams "Twitter".
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

The Facebook Papers

It'll be interesting when and if the people in shock over what Facebook tracks realize that pretty much everyone keeps records like that on all of us.

Has a human trafficking problem.

Let's be very, very honest about something here. If the people in charge (governments) actually gave two shits, human trafficking would be crippled within a month.

Being blamed for inciting violence in Ethiopia.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

well, Hillary said youtube caused Benghazi, so it's possible.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook, er, Meta

Post by TheCatt »

Facebook choose stupid fucking name, will now call itself Meta. How... meta.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

"We steal our customers' meta data."
Troy

Facebook

Post by Troy »

This is hella dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by GORDON »

What if the FBI, CIA, and NSA actually run Google, and that's why their parent company is called "Alphabet."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 pm What if the FBI, CIA, and NSA actually run Google, and that's why their parent company is called "Alphabet."
Based on their politics, it's probably more likely that the LGBQT+ community (also known as the alphabet people) are behind it. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by TheCatt »

Stock down 23% after hours after earnings miss