Google/Alphabet

Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Fair points.

Although, I think lawmakers will go with whatever solution gives them the opportunity to get more in taxes.

BTW, this is in the Google thread because they were the main target of the legislation, along with FB. However, FB is dominating the headlines lately.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

I always vote they just cut off whatever government is trying to squeeze them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Microsoft and Google are going to war.

This all goes back to the Australian legislation to start forcing companies like MS, Google, FB, etc. to start sharing profits with content creators.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

"OK Google, who won the 2020 presidential election"

"Sorry, I don't understand"

"OK Google, who won the election of 1800"

"Thomas Jefferson"

2020 - no

2016 - no

2012 - yes

2008 - yes

2000 - yes
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm SCOTUS gives Google a big win over Oracle.
Fuck Oracle.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I got fucked by Google Fi.

I have device protection for my phone, it broke, I filed a case.

Them: Your phone is registered to another account, please contact us using that one.

Me: That's literally impossible. My Fi, my Google Store, etc, etc, are all this one account. Here's a screenshot of proof

Them: So, your phone is registered to another account, please contact us using that one.

Is basically how it went for an hour. There's no escalation, there's no anything.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

That's weird.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am Well, I got fucked by Google Fi.

I have device protection for my phone, it broke, I filed a case.

Them: Your phone is registered to another account, please contact us using that one.

Me: That's literally impossible. My Fi, my Google Store, etc, etc, are all this one account. Here's a screenshot of proof

Them: So, your phone is registered to another account, please contact us using that one.

Is basically how it went for an hour. There's no escalation, there's no anything.
This is the same conversation I've had with MANY tech companies. Their security measures and account confirmation methods absolutely suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:39 am This is the same conversation I've had with MANY tech companies. Their security measures and account confirmation methods absolutely suck.
I got escalated to a supervisor who basically said the same thing. I showed them screenshots of proof, it has gotten me nowhere.

I emailed the CEO of Google, and the response team seems to be 1) American and 2) possibly doing something.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

Had a recent similar problem with amazon.

My amazon account signs in with my old dtman email account, but all dtman email forwards to my gmail account. There is no bucket of dtman emails out there, anywhere. Forwarded right along.

Was having customer service issues, so I emailed them about my account from gmail. Amazon said no, the email has to be from the dtman account email... which I couldn't seem to figure out. The instructions for changing the "From" in gmail didn't seem to work (this is when i signed in to 1and1 trying to figure out some email shit).

Eventually I just changed my amazon account email to the gmail, and then they would listen to me. But still. That was horse shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

I've run into that a few times as well since I use a bunch of email aliases, etc. Ugh.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

I want to hear what the CEO of Google is doing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 pm I want to hear what the CEO of Google is doing.
Not getting me a new phone yet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:43 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 pm I want to hear what the CEO of Google is doing.
Not getting me a new phone yet.
Got me a new phone, arrived today.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

Do you know what was done to fix the issue?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm Do you know what was done to fix the issue?
The Indian tech support that Google Fi uses cannot do anything. But escalating to their social media team who is apparently in America and has the authority to do things worked. I'm not quite sure if it was the email to the CEO, the reddit post, or the tweet, or the combination thereof, but they were able to fix my account and process the RMA.

Anyway, Pixel 4XL has been my worst Pixel experience. Two replacements in 1.5 years. Back started peeling off the first, then started peeling off the second, and the screen went crazy (bottom 1/3rd all the green LEDs were permanently turned on at full brightness)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

I wish all my accounts moved over and autologged in when i migrate to a new phone. i have to do like 20 manually each time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

All what accounts?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:14 pm All what accounts?
Like every account for every app I use.