Google/Alphabet

GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

Latest is a 7. I'm on a free upgrade plan which means i get what they decide, every 2 years.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:44 am Did it ever arrive? You stopped updating.
Oh yeah, it arrived. Now my trade in is stuck in purgatory. Google "Waiting to receive" but USPS delivered it 8 days ago.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:05 am Now my trade in is stuck in purgatory. Google "Waiting to receive" but USPS delivered it 8 days ago
Google has it! Only took 9 days to get from "delivered" to "received"
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

Pixel 4: Headphone jack, yay!

Pixel 6: no headphone jack, boo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

Old man screams at clouds
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Catt, did you mention previously that AWS hosts all of Google's stuff like GMail?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:33 am Catt, did you mention previously that AWS hosts all of Google's stuff like GMail?
I do not recall ever saying that? I would imagine they host on their own.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Shit. I thought I heard that somewhere and was hoping it was you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

What? Person who worked about 5 hours a day got laid off? The hell.
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

If anyone has a tech contact at Google and can put me in touch with them, you can go through the hundreds of unclaimed titles I have on Humble Bundle and pick whatever one or more (if it gets my delayed email issues fixed!) you want before I start giving them away to broke OF models for nudes. :lol:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Google

Post by TheCatt »

I got nothing. What you looking for at Google?
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Email issue, not sure if related to the hack or not. However, I know it's on Google's end. Emails being sent to us from any Google account are taking ridiculously extended time frames to be delivered. It can take minutes to deliver a test email and over 24 hours to deliver anything of substance.

One of our customers is a google business customer and says we are not the only business this is affecting and google has been no use in fixing the issue. They are looking to switch email hosts now.

I have, literally hundreds, and probably thousands of example emails I can give to Google showing them the source data for each. That source data shows the exact date/time stamp for when a server hands off and/or receives the email and the delay is taking place internally from a Google server to another Google server.

However, Google won't talk to me because we're not business customers. The aforementioned customer opened a ticket to no success. A vendor of ours recently opened a ticket and they had them basically reset all of their email settings and caches. Did not fix the issue.

If they would simply look at the fucking source data they would see the issue.

And to be fair, these tickets are probably stuck with level 1 support people and not actual techs. Thus, even when being presented with the source data, they have no fucking idea what they're looking at or why they should pass it on. They're just following their scripts.
Cakedaddy

Google

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:24 pm They're just following their scripts
And googling "Why is google email slow?"
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

Ever get the impression there aren't any human customer service people at all, at Google or Amazon? It's all scripts?
Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Google

Post by Leisher »

I can't tell if this is about YouTube and/or YouTubeTV... The article is really vague, but talks heavily about TVs.

Unskippable 30 sec ads on the way.
GORDON
Site Admin

Google

Post by GORDON »

I already pay for the ad free version so it's fine.