NVIDIA

Leisher
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by Leisher »

I think the rules should be:
-PC games only
-You each get to select 3 games. 2 are made public, but the third you can surprise the person with on game day.
-They must be games where a winner can be determined without judges.
-Only 1v1 gameplay would be acceptable. (You can't choose LoL and then stack your team.)
-No advantages such as cheat codes, P2W items, etc. However, being good at a game is completely acceptable.
-Death match types of games would be best of 7 series within the best of 7 series. (So if you choose Halo death matches, then you have to play 7 games to determine the winner, not just one where someone could get lucky.)

But shit, I just remembered Catt wants in, so...do we do a round robin or do we make all series a 1v1v1 contest? I feel like that last option would limit the games.

I do know we want the tournament to last a few hours. We don't want it done in 15 minutes.

Ok, I'm letting my imagination run with this one because it'd be fun as hell to put together and organize, but I honestly don't even need the Twitch side, although that would be fine and cool to make this all "a thing". I just love the idea of us having our own gaming tournament(s).
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:33 pm But shit, I just remembered Catt wants in, so...do we do a round robin or do we make all series a 1v1v1 contest? I feel like that last option would limit the games.
OK, Catt doesn't need to be in :(

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by Leisher »

I'm all for you being in, but how does the 3090 fit into your laptop?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:06 pm I'm all for you being in, but how does the 3090 fit into your laptop?
I have a desktop, too!
Stranger

NVIDIA

Post by Stranger »

https://workout-world.com/2022/03/15/ru ... nsumption/

600W for the 4090?! and the 4090TI may be 800W :shock:
If you add the 150-250W for the CPU, fans, coolers etc., that's like running a microwave full time.

Leisher gonna have a nice little space heater in his room when he gets this card.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by GORDON »

I've been making systems with 800+W PSUs for about a decade. The cost wasn't that much more, and I like not stressing the system anywhere close to max.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

NVIDIA

Post by Stranger »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:55 pm I've been making systems with 800+W PSUs for about a decade. The cost wasn't that much more, and I like not stressing the system anywhere close to max.
right, you should always have a good amount of overhead for your power. I wouldn't use anything less than a 1000W supply if i was running the 4090 and the TI, at least 1200W easy.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by Leisher »

Doing very well financially.

Although, all last week and over the weekend I was hearing the 4090 Ti (or whatever their latest card is) is not selling well at all. It reviewed well though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NVIDIA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm Doing very well financially.

Although, all last week and over the weekend I was hearing the 4090 Ti (or whatever their latest card is) is not selling well at all. It reviewed well though.
AI, BITCHEs.

Don't think about what would have happened if you'd bought that stock 8 years ago.