Amazon

TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

AMZN is up 2% on the rumour that the stock will split. Which is dumb, but it worked for AAPL, so whatevs.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Made a shitload of money, like Apple, FB, and Google. Although, MSFT was left out of their party.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

MSFT already hit the trillion mark for valuation didn't they?

They're in a transition period right now. They're moving pretty much their entire product line to SaaS.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 pm MSFT already hit the trillion mark for valuation didn't they?
They're flirting with $2Trillion right now. ($1.9T)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Moving Prime Day to June, for some reason.

Here are my guesses:
6/1 6/7 6/13 6/17 6/19

Leaning towards 6/17, is my guess
!rmindme 6/1/2021
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:54 pm Moving Prime Day to June, for some reason.

Here are my guesses:
6/1 6/7 6/13 6/17 6/19

Leaning towards 6/17, is my guess
!rmindme 6/1/2021
June 20th and 21st
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Amazon Sidewalk to go live June 8th and will share your internet connection with your neighbors.

As you can imagine, this is a hot topic today on FB and such. Mainly it's article after article explaining how to opt out.

The idea behind it is interesting. If your internet drops, it would help keep your Amazon devices online. Also, the extended network would help things like Tile work much better.

However, what is disturbing is the attitude behind this, and showcases a problem with Silicon Valley in general. They really don't give two fucks about individuals, their privacy, or the concept of ownership.

Most people and corporations have learned or are learning to not be trusting when it comes to their cybersecurity, so rolling out any initiative that automatically shares one's private internet connection, and doing so without any sort of public announcement, seems poorly conceived. This is something that should be addressed via a PR blitz. Let people know their data will be safe, protected, and not shared. Let the public know the purpose and benefits, and even potential cons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Feels like bullshit to me. But, we own no Amazon devices.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

The US is finally suing Amazon for selling dangerous products.

Interesting timing considering Bezos just stepped down.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

"Our profits are skyrocketing right now. What should we do to thank our customers?"

"Raise the cost of Prime"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:22 pm "Our profits are skyrocketing right now. What should we do to thank our customers?"

"Raise the cost of Prime"
It's been 4 years. And 4 years before that for the first raise. I don't love it, obviously, but eh, whatevs.

(Of course, I also own AMZN stock, so...)
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Of all the popular billionaires, I like Bezos the least. He's the most like a supervillian. Tempted to drop Prime. I don't know that I get.... $120? of value from it each year.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

My family definitely does, so I can't drop it. Packages arrive here almost daily. Without my family though, I would drop it. Plus, I only ever watch it for The Boys.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I watched Wheel of Time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

That's my order update. From tonight, just now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:15 pm Image

That's my order update. From tonight, just now.
Same order...

Even more confusing the "a Seller" was Amazon.com, not a 3rd party.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Amazon workers at 2 warehouses (?) vote to unionize.

This will be interesting to watch because Amazon isn't going to eat those costs. If all Amazon places unionize, will that drive their prices above their competitors? What will they offer to make up for it? Or will face to face retail return stronger as consumers get sick of overpaying for everything?