X (fka Twitter)

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:21 am Musk: Fires CSAM (child sexual abuse material) team

Musk: It's a disgrace that no one at twitter is working on CSAM.
?

This confuses me. All the organizations that track that shit say Musk's Twitter team has banned more in their short time than the previous team did ever. Seriously, they've been raving about the job the new team has done.

So yeah, he absolutely should have fired the previous team because the new folks are actually getting the job done.

I think you have info confused there. Are you sure he wasn't talking about what a disgrace the previous team was?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

The logic of liberals on full display.
The absolute meltdown I have seen from people on the left is quite disturbing. (And please don't take this as a "the right is sane" because they're fucking batshit in different...and some same...ways.) These people are losing their fucking minds because their echo chamber has been destroyed. These are people who vote. People who truly believe themselves to be intellectual. People who really and truly believed they were not in an echo chamber and now just want to crawl back into one.

There is zero difference between these people and those on the right who believe religion is the guiding principle for all things. They simply worship different gods.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:33 am People who truly believe themselves to be intellectual.
I think I wrote an essay about 20 years ago that self-described intellectuals are usually the dumbest people in the room, with the most people listening to them.

The only way to expand your mind is to be exposed to new ideas. These fucktards are mad that they're being exposed to new ideas, and thus cannot be involved in the circlejerk of people saying "you're right!" to each other over and over expand their minds. The fucking idiocy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Hearing rumblings that Twitter HQ is going to move to Texas. No official confirmation.

Also, the people who use the laughing emoji in their comebacks are the worst human beings alive. And their comebacks are always lame and nonsensical.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

STAHP
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

George Takei has a mastodon (or is on mastodon, I don't know). If you click the link, twitter shows this warning: https://twitter.com/safety/unsafe_link_ ... eorgetakei

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Are they wrong? (I genuinely know nothing about it.) I remember FB having warnings about MySpace that were true.

I love watching people like Takei bitch about Twitter and run to Mastadon almost a year after them mocking conservatives for wanting to bolt to Truth Social or whatever it was. Each side is full of cultists who are incapable of hearing opposing views. They are the cancer in this country.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Begun, The Whiney Bitchy Social Media Wars, have.

You guys have fun. I'll be kinda observing from the sidelines, sometimes. But not often.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

The Twitter files, part 6. IF these are true, expect Congressional hearings.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Who is matt taibbi
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

An author and I guess reporter? Musk has been letting him be the guy to take all of these files public.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Whiny titty baby
After being pressed by journalists over some of his inconsistencies, Musk abruptly left the conversation, and shortly after the entire Spaces feature itself started playing up.

At the time of writing, it’s not possible to start a new Spaces conversation or join an existing one, certainly based on the various tests TechCrunch has done internally.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Welp..... he has made his own social media space, except with blackjack and hookers. Good for him. Everyone is free to leave it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

He must be losing a lot of money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

This is PR, nothing more. He posted this poll knowing what the answer would be. He'll appoint someone else and rule from afar.

This way the left can stop attacking him directly and it won't hurt Twitter stock.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:32 pm This way the left can stop attacking him directly and it won't hurt Twitter stock.
THERE IS NO STOCK, LEISHER.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

And it wont hurt ad revenue.

Ads uber alles.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:36 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:32 pm This way the left can stop attacking him directly and it won't hurt Twitter stock.
THERE IS NO STOCK, LEISHER.
Dammit! You know what I meant. Valuation!!!!

Either way, it would be the smartest move since he took over Twitter. Step down, put someone else is charge, but make it clear they are not to allow it to become the echo chamber it once was.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

There was that Netflix movie about the life or Ray Croc, the guy who made McDonald's famous. Someone tells him before they explode, "You're problem is you think you're in the restaurant business. No, you're in the real estate business."

Suddenly I realized that twitter.... television networks.... the mainstream media..... aren't in the social media/entertainment/news business.

They are each and every one of them in the advertisement delivery business, and that's it.

Now let's all go out and have hissy fits about the guy who is interrupting our delivery of advertisements, because we all feel strongly about that.