X (fka Twitter)

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:09 am Musk says deal will not go forward until number of bots is figured out.

Twitter says 5%, but Musk suspects 20%.
Musk doesn't have the data to do the evaluation.

I'm going to guess bots/fakes are about 50% of all users. But the metric being evaluated is very specific.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:55 pm Musk doesn't have the data to do the evaluation.
I think that's why he wants it done.
TheCatt wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:55 pm I'm going to guess bots/fakes are about 50% of all users.
Does that include alternate accounts?

If you are correct, it would be quite a blow to Twitter's value.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:02 pm I think that's why he wants it done.
True story: Twitter already does it. And provided it to him.
Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:02 pm Does that include alternate accounts?

If you are correct, it would be quite a blow to Twitter's value.
I dunno.

Twitter knows a bunch of accounts are fake, but they don't "monetize" them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Maybe 4 accounts from the same IP is a family. Maybe it's one loser with 3 sock puppets. How do you check?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:11 pm Maybe 4 accounts from the same IP is a family. Maybe it's one loser with 3 sock puppets. How do you check?
with data
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

broad stroke it for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

I'm making this up right now, so if the nuts jobs get a hold of this, you can refer them back here.

This will be the conspiracy theory:
This entire Twitter purchased was spearheaded by the Illuminati, of which Musk is a member. They know a large portion of those accounts are fake. However, they wanted a financial reason behind needing to enforce "membership" or "authenticating" all social media accounts. That way it doesn't look like the government is trying to control thought and speech on social media, and tracking who is a dissenter, but that's exactly what's happening.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 pm broad stroke it for me.
usage patterns
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

LibsofTikTok gets some telling internal messages from Twitter.

Obviously, this is a biased article, but the Twitter employees' conversation is pretty disturbing. Apparently there is a "genocide" going on right now against transpeople. You'd think CNN or somebody would cover such an event...
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Musk will be taking questions from Twitter employees.

That will be fun.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:04 am LibsofTikTok gets some telling internal messages from Twitter.

Obviously, this is a biased article, but the Twitter employees' conversation is pretty disturbing. Apparently there is a "genocide" going on right now against transpeople. You'd think CNN or somebody would cover such an event...
This woman (remember she was doxed by a left wing journalist) received dozens of death threats in the past few days. All the accounts that threatened her were active and Twitter wasn't doing shit because she's a right winger. Enter Elon.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:44 pm This woman (remember she was doxed by a left wing journalist) received dozens of death threats in the past few days. All the accounts that threatened her were active and Twitter wasn't doing shit because she's a right winger. Enter Elon.
She used to like freedom of speech. Same with Elon.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I'd prefer they apply the rules to everyone, equally.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:51 pm I'd prefer they apply the rules to everyone, equally.
I prefer people with principles.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I don't trust the people making those judgments. They could be stupid, insane, zealots, or paid to be biased.

I prefer the rules be applied to everyone, equally.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:47 pm I don't trust the people making those judgments. They could be stupid, insane, zealots, or paid to be biased.

I prefer the rules be applied to everyone, equally.
I meant Elon + libsposter. No principles.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Hmmm.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:01 pm I meant Elon + libsposter. No principles.
You lost me. What is "freedom of speech" about tweeting that you're going to murder her?

Also, as you have pointed out, it's a private company with their own rules and free speech doesn't apply. Threats are clearly against their TOS and they ban others for it, so...
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

so..... I'd like to see their rules applied to everyone, equally.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:40 pm What is "freedom of speech" about tweeting that you're going to murder her?
I think it's obvious. Freedom. Of. Speech.

Supposedly something that Elon + that woman support.