X (fka Twitter)

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:33 pm WTF does Elon need?
No idea, but I assume it was meant as "We have skilled folks willing to help you keep this up as you dump baggage." And let's be honest, Twitter had 7500 (correct?) employees and a lot of them are now gone. Meanwhile, Twitter is still running. Now will he be able to address outages or anything else in a timely manner? We will see, but just to keep the platform up and running, Gordon's "dated opinion" seems to have been quite accurate. It's built and running, the hard work is done, and fewer people seem to be needed.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:33 pm So my experience has been the complete opposite. I've suddenly been overrun with right win politicians and Elon bootlickers.
Ha! I shit you not I would wager that someone there fucked with the algorithms. While I DO follow several left wing accounts as I want my feed to be somewhat balanced, I've never seen so many left wing posts. My feed has been almost exclusively left wing politicians and Elon haters. I'm not just saying that. I'm getting the exact opposite of you. Previously, my feed was almost exclusively OSU and Steelers posts with mixed in things from left or right leaning peeps, but they were rare. Now it's the OSU and Steelers stuff that is rare and the politics is eating my feed. I'm not loving it.

I would never have done this takeover like Elon has. Too chaotic and hostile. I realize his personality is to not sit and be patient, but to attack issues and get them resolved, but this was a different beast. Outside of his comfort zone and expertise there was no logic in him attacking it the same way he does Tesla or SpaceX. The real question is did he learn from this or is his ego too large to understand HIS mistakes?

Also, I put Elon haters into the same category as Elon bootlickers. Neither know why they do it. They've never met the guy and simply love or hate him based on what "their team" has decided. Elon and Trump have one thing in common besides being rich: Both were loved by the left until they moved right, and then they became public enemy #1.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:36 pm

She's still not fired yet.
She was a troll. Extremely hard core left winger.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

In other Twitter news, "#butts" is trending and...WTF?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:01 pm . Previously, my feed was almost exclusively OSU and Steelers posts with mixed in things from left or right leaning peeps, but they were rare.
Yeah, my feed is curated to be 90% AWS/tech stuff.

#butts - Great, waiting for all the women to tell me that men don't really look like that or something.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Slowly getting things right. Also, the fact that Jordan Peterson and Babylon Bee were ever banned says all you need to know about the views on freedom of speech by the previous owners.
Also, the sabotage part I wondered about could be very likely:
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I wonder what her politics are.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

This is "not nothing". The video is worth watching. How many women in the tech industry know shit about tech?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:45 pm How many women in the tech industry know shit about tech?
A lot of them?

But about 20% of CS degrees are for women lately.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:53 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:45 pm How many women in the tech industry know shit about tech?
A lot of them?

But about 20% of CS degrees are for women lately.
You watch the video? Granted, that girl could be in HR or something, but she didn't do shit all day.

Women are a growing population in the tech world, and I've met some sharp ones at Dell EMC World. However, they, in my experiences, have been the exception and not the rule. The vast, vast majority of women in the tech field seem to be in sales or phone support. This isn't a condemnation of women. I think they should have a bigger role in tech. However, here's a guy who basically said, "the free ride is over, time to work" and look who stuck around versus who didn't. I'm betting a lot of people in social media are more there riding the success rather than actually coding. (Men and women)
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:00 pm You watch the video? Granted, that girl could be in HR or something, but she didn't do shit all day.
I didn't. I just was referring to the ones I know.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Just in case you thought crazy conspiracies were just for right wingers...
Elon did a big poll asking if Trump should be reinstated. Trump won (FYI, I voted no because fuck him), which is kind of funny because it puts him in something of a pickle. Get on Twitter with a much larger base to try and win the election or stay on Truth Social (is that the name?) to keep supporting his financial investment, but lose all the potential votes on Twitter.

Anyway, it's being hinted at that the poll was also a bot trap. No idea how that would work.

Also, Mark Cuban was praising the move for Twitter and he thinks Trump was rightfully banned. He thinks this will attract people to watch the Trump show, thus boosting Twitter numbers (which are apparently already at record numbers).

Let's see how other folks are talking this news.

First, the racists at the "ADL":

The fine folks at the NAACP (this is my favorite one, just so unaware of his own hypocrisy):

Defiant Ls found a great opinion:

How about the fine and tots unbiased folks at The Atlantic: Chaos is entertaining.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Those people are why I voted "we're already in the decline" in the poll that day. These people are considered our intellectual betters, and thousands of people listen to them.

This country is broken.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Elon "We'll have committees for who comes back when, blah blah blah"

Elon "I brought these people back"

Elon "Let the people vote" (then misuses the vox populi quote)

Elon "Alex Jones won't be back, it's personal"
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

This is my biggest criticism of Elon. He's all over the place. He needs someone to reign him in and keep him focused.

It's got to be basically impossible to find such a trusted voice when you're a multimillionaire, let alone a multibillionaire.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Really, twitter? I log in and It's an Elon Musk tweet and Andrew Tate. Wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Andrew Tate is cancer. Any good points he makes are overshadowed by his "seemingly more likely all the time" ties to actual sex slavery rings and his stance on women that would make Muslim men say, "Dude, they're human too!"
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

314962681_144360591679213_690637934826982824_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

To be honest, I don't think this is a fight Google (their phone manufacturers) or Apple wants. Not because Elon would make some amazing new phone. Although a billionaire making a phone, somebody better call the Kingsmen! No, because 1 - They don't need additional competition 2 - Elon would probably sell a lot of phones based on politics. Corporations have fun doing their little virtue signaling to the left, but when you're talking about, literally, cutting their market in half, I think their Wall St. masters would have a problem with that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

A few people have tried launching alternative phones, and flopped. But maybe he'd be different + special.