X (fka Twitter)

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:12 pm Workaholics? Yes.
Gotta work an extra 20 per week and miss put on your family so the boss's stock will go up a point.
Or you are the boss like Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Vince McMahon, etc.

I heard Nick Khan on a recent Bill Simmons pod discussing "founders" and how they're just different. To them, it's not work. It's their life, which is why so many can't walk away or when they do, come back later.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Lol. I just like the cultural reference.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

I was a member.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:23 pmI was a member.
I was like 15 members :)
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I did it 3 or 4 times. I'd do my 10 freebies, and then the first month buy the two I had to buy, because then I could cancel it and never forget to send in the monthly "no thanks" postcard. Which is how they get you.

I still have all those CDs.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:22 pm I did it 3 or 4 times. I'd do my 10 freebies, and then the first month buy the two I had to buy, because then I could cancel it and never forget to send in the monthly "no thanks" postcard. Which is how they get you.

I still have all those CDs.
I signed up under fake names, repeatedly. So I'd get my free ones, then move on. Literally, moved a lot in college.

All my CDs burned up in 1999.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Elon pushing on paid subs even harder.

I have a strong feeling that while Twitter is first, the others will be right behind. The Wall St. overlords will be thrilled about this new revenue stream.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Did anyone actually quit and go to new platforms, after all the baby crying? I still only ever see twitter links.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:59 pm Did anyone actually quit and go to new platforms, after all the baby crying? I still only ever see twitter links.
No. Twitter has apparently been having record months in user activity.

It's like how FB has been declared dead multiple times over the years. I think people got really sick of new SM platforms showing up and them being expected to keep moving constantly and have accounts for each one.

Honestly, the way Twitter is now doing blue checkmarks and verifying people is a much bigger win for corporate America. and really sanity. When everyone is a verified user you're going to see a lot fewer "I'll fucking kill you, you [insert slur here]" type comments.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:59 pm Did anyone actually quit and go to new platforms, after all the baby crying? I still only ever see twitter links.
I know some people who left. No idea if they permanently left. There just isn't a good twitter alternative.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Someone make a hierarchical list of people we don't respect, and put "people who huffed and puffed about leaving twitter and then didn't because they still crave attention" on there somewhere.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:33 pm
I know some people who left. No idea if they permanently left. There just isn't a good twitter alternative.
Yeah, a very small handful left. Some of them, if not most, are already back. Most spouted off and then never left, like Alyssa Milano.

Same thing as when the former owners were in place and Trump or someone else on the right tried to get a mass exodus going off the platform to another one.
GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:35 pm Someone make a hierarchical list of people we don't respect, and put "people who huffed and puffed about leaving twitter and then didn't because they still crave attention" on there somewhere.
Anyone who "Karens" about anything and threatens to take their ball and go home. Twitter, FB, elections, etc.

I really would love it if the U.S. had enforced [insert celebrity here]'s declaration of moving to another country if [insert candidate here] did not win their election as an official renouncement of their citizenship.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

I guess this makes sense. FB's been trying to do a bit of what all the other platforms do for some time now. Why not Twitter?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Twitter After Dark!
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

CNN is butthurt that Twitter removed specific trans language from hateful conduct policy.

Sorry CNN, but that policy was crazy vague and discriminatory.

If someone can call me a white devil, pray for my people's extinction, and so on without getting banned, then they sure as fuck shouldn't be banned for not knowing some mentally ill person's pronouns are Xe/Xer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

4/20 - Twitter removed verification checkmarks.

But left it for certain celebrities like Lebron + Stephen King and Musk says "he's paying for it for them"
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Had the government been a bit more tech savvy and wise (HA!), they could have forced something like this to happen a long time ago and for free.

Now we're all going to be paying for it eventually. It's a new revenue stream, and the constant demand of better quarterly revenue by Wall St. ensures this will never go away.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:18 pm Had the government been a bit more tech savvy and wise (HA!), they could have forced something like this to happen a long time ago and for free.
Republicans would never have let that happen.