X (fka Twitter)

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

He wants you to pay $1000. Same thing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

"I wouldn't hate musk if he'd just use his fortune to feed the hungry on earth instead of trying to flee to mars."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Twitter whistleblower steps forward with some serious allegations.

I mean, holy fuck.

Elon Musk and his lawyers have to be celebrating.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Twitter's whistleblower is testifying before Congress today.

I'm sure all those tech savvy ancients will be able to follow what he's saying and why it's important...
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:51 am Twitter's whistleblower is testifying before Congress today.

I'm sure all those tech savvy ancients will be able to follow what he's saying and why it's important...
tubes
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

First the didn't want Musk to buy it because freedom or something, then he backs out and they are suing him to go through with the purchase.

Buncha schizophrenics over there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:30 am First the didn't want Musk to buy it because freedom or something, then he backs out and they are suing him to go through with the purchase.

it's cheaper for musk to pay the billion than to buy Twitter, so that's probably what they want
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:01 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:30 am First the didn't want Musk to buy it because freedom or something, then he backs out and they are suing him to go through with the purchase.

it's cheaper for musk to pay the billion than to buy Twitter, so that's probably what they want
They don't know what the hell they want. There is no justifiable shift from "No don't buy it!" to "Yes buy it" other than "you want X, so I don't want you to have X." It's pure hatred.
In a wide-ranging hearing that lasted more than two hours, Twitter whistleblower Peiter Zatko told lawmakers about a range of concerns he has about the company.

Here are some of the highlights:

-Zatko alleged that Twitter is extremely vulnerable to being penetrated and exploited by agents of foreign governments. At one point in his tenure, -Zatko said he raised concerns with an executive that he was confident a foreign operative was on the payroll at a foreign office. The response from the executive, according to Zatko, was: “Well, since we already have one, what is the problem if we have more? Let's keep growing the office.”
-Zatko said that Twitter was not afraid of the US Federal Trade Commission as much as it feared actions by foreign regulators, such as France’s data protection authority, CNIL. The reason, he said is that Twitter expected US regulators to impose only one-time fines or penalties in response to any legal violations by the company. Those fines were "priced in" to its business, he said.
-Zatko detailed some of the personal information Twitter collects on users, including phone numbers and emails, IP addresses and the locations from which users access the platform.
-Zatko alleged that Twitter does not fully understand all of the user data it collects, why it is collected and where it is stored.
-Zatko alleged that it would be possible for a Twitter employee to take over and tweet from the accounts of Senators. "It's not far fetched to say a Twitter employee could take over the accounts of all of the senators in this room," he said, though he never saw such a thing happen in his time at the company.
The bolded one is yet another example of how toothless our government is to corporations. It might as well not exist other than to pass laws for their corporate buddies.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

The problem. Is that Twitter is many things. It's the management, the employees, the shareholders, and the board.

Only the boards opinion matters, but you've heard all the other voices, which makes 'twitter' seem schizophrenic.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:59 pm Only the boards opinion matters
In what regard?

If the board is sitting on their hands and letting employees run the ship into the ground, then does the board's opinion really matter?
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Board wants profits, full stop. If that includes slaughtering babies, and they can afford the penalty for doing so, then they'll slaughter babies. Probably babies of color.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:01 pmIn what regard?
the board speaks for the shareholders, who are the owners.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, but in what regard? I mean what were you trying to say with this:
TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:59 pm The problem. Is that Twitter is many things. It's the management, the employees, the shareholders, and the board.

Only the boards opinion matters, but you've heard all the other voices, which makes 'twitter' seem schizophrenic.
I didn't understand where it fit in the conversation or as a response to anything.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I said they seemed schizophrenic, in that they seem to just want the opposite of whatever Elon wants.

Or, they're just Contrarian in relation to Elon. Elon Derangement Syndrome. EDS

I sure know they sure hate republicans though, boy howdy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

That. They appear schizo because people are reading multiple voices and attributing it to a singular entity
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Considering there are black people on Twitter openly calling for the murder of white people while Twitter is busy only blocking accounts of people who say there are only two genders, Musk could not possibly be worse than the current bosses.
Cakedaddy

Twitter

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's pretty much my take on this too. Who cares if Musk is in charge of a "platform of free speech". I'm betting the current people aren't any better, just different. Who deemed them worthy of the position?
Last edited by Cakedaddy on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.