The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe he's been watching too much TV.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

It's always weird to me that 21st century Republicans try to own 19th century Republicans like they are even the same party.
The early Republican Party consisted of northern Protestants, factory workers, professionals, businessmen, prosperous farmers, and after 1866, former black slaves. The party had very little support from white Southerners at the time, who predominantly backed the Democratic Party in the Solid South, and from Catholics, who made up a major Democratic voting block.
They've done a 180.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I mean, the narrative changed! :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Yesterday in the airport, my very liberal hippy girlfriend asked me in a regular voice, "What is Juneteenth, anyway?". Literally right next to a black family.

I noticed the dirty looks, gf didn't.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Bad news for Trump.
Good news for the GOP finding their sanity.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:11 pm Bad news for Trump.
Did this really happen? Foxnews doesn't have it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:14 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:11 pm Bad news for Trump.
Did this really happen? Foxnews doesn't have it.
I laughed.

It's real!
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Will have 0 effect on the cult. Down the rabbit hole to the deeper deep state.

Perhaps down to the Underdark, where the deep gnomes live:

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:09 am Will have 0 effect on the cult. Down the rabbit hole to the deeper deep state.
The super cults of both sides are "all in". There is nothing that can be explained or show to them to get them off of their beliefs. Maybe it's ignorance, maybe it's pride, but it cannot be broken. To be brutally honest, the country would be MUCH healthier if they all just went away forever.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Another R takes a public shot at MTG.

He also said Trump was a "loser president".

I don't know who is in charge of the GOP, but it should be this guy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:30 am Another R takes a public shot at MTG.

He also said Trump was a "loser president".

I don't know who is in charge of the GOP, but it should be this guy.
Seriously, too bad he committed political suicide :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

A Trumplican weighs in on the Cleveland Indians changing their name to the Guardians, and wow...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Oh... man. Is AZ the new FL?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Wyoming Republicans vote to do... nothing, really.
“In the immortal words of the 45th President of the United States of America, Donald J. Trump ...'You’re Fired!'” read recent letters to Cheney from GOP officials in Park and Carbon counties.
The Wyoming votes are largely symbolic. The Republican Party can withdraw or withhold support from GOP officeholders and candidates in a variety of ways but can’t oust anybody from the party.
Are all Wyoming people this dumb? Seriously, I don't think I've ever met anyone from there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Um...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Republica governor wants to prosecute reporter who found security flaw in a state website.

Basically, you could search to make sure that teachers are credentialed in the state, I think. But, the idiots who wrote the website returned the social security #s of the teachers in the HTML that was rendered, though it was technically not visible, without looking at the source code of the web page (so F12 for network traffic or View Source).

What a fucking moron.

Fortunately, not all Republicans are this dumb.
Republican state Rep. Tony Lovasco, who according to his legislative biography has worked in software deployment and maintenance, tweeted Thursday that “it’s clear the Governor’s Office has a fundamental misunderstanding of both web technology and industry standard procedures for reporting security vulnerabilities.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

AOC will tell you that the vast majority of Ds and Rs don't have the slightest clue about technology.

The Texas one is just stupid, but to be fair perhaps that's one person's misinterpretation:
State Sen. Bryan Hughes, an East Texas Republican who wrote Senate Bill 3, denied that the law requires teachers to provide opposing views on what he called matters of “good and evil” or to get rid of books that offer only one perspective on the Holocaust.

“That’s not what the bill says,” Hughes said in an interview Wednesday when asked about the Carroll book guidelines. “I’m glad we can have this discussion to help elucidate what the bill says, because that’s not what the bill says.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

I mean...
A section of the bill caused controversy that "teachers can’t be forced to discuss current events or widely debated controversial issues," and teachers would also, "to the best of their ability, give diverse perspectives without deference to any one perspective."
Some people do consider the Holocaust debatable or controversial. Where does Texas draw that line? Why does big government have to step in all the time to tell people how to live?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

That is a ridiculous portion of the bill and if that Senator is to be believed, he needs to re-write it.

Find me any subject and I will find you people who don't buy it.