The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

I used to eat at her Vientamese restaurant. Amazing chicken lemon grass.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:19 am I used to eat at her Vientamese restaurant. Amazing chicken lemon grass.
It should taste like the effort of 52 people.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:26 am
GORDON wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:19 am I used to eat at her Vientamese restaurant. Amazing chicken lemon grass.
It should taste like the effort of 52 people.
Probably slaves, too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

So why am I posting this here?

Because it was a Republican.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

I'm really not looking forward to spring cleaning this year... who knows what we'll find.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Ha!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I laughed.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:12 am Another big donor group dumps Trump.
Trump has so much money it doesn't matter! He can fund himself!

lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Some Rs are worried Desantis is going too far in his anti-woke campaign.

You think? Schools with absolutely no books is too far? Who would have thought?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:34 pm Some Rs are worried Desantis is going too far in his anti-woke campaign.

Yeah, but everyone's going off the hook these days. There's so little sanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:34 pm Some Rs are worried Desantis is going too far in his anti-woke campaign.

Yeah, but everyone's going off the hook these days. There's so little sanity.
Sadly, yes.

I do not see how this doesn't end with bloodshed or a complete governmental takeover by extreme right/left zealots.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Remember: the goal is to sit in pelosi's chair. That signifies a successful overthrow of government, and you now run the country.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:03 pm Remember: the goal is to sit in pelosi's chair. That signifies a successful overthrow of government, and you now run the country.
Not sure this is the right place for this comment, but you're not wrong in how the events of Jan 6th get covered. Particularly how it is shown to be worse than the "mostly peaceful" riots in 2020 that resulted in billions in damages and 20+ lives lost.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

That's exactly my point. My eyes are at risk from rolling out of my head when I see the dramatic, breathless claims of Treason! And "they literally tried to overthrow the government!"

It's just a building. The United States was not at risk. None of those people expected to be overthrowing dick. But we gotta politics.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I genuinely do not know how a sane and logical adult can look at the events of Jan 6th, especially how they have been reported, and say this was a blatant coup attempt.

It was an unarmed riot of Karens who thought they could go see the manager and keep Trump in office.

That being said, the only criticism I have regarding the legal issues they all now face is that not 1% of the effort put into finding and prosecuting them has been put into finding and prosecuting the people involved in those "mostly peaceful" riots.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:33 pm Yeah, I genuinely do not know how a sane and logical adult can look at the events of Jan 6th, especially how they have been reported, and say this was a blatant coup attempt.
I mean, they broke into Congress and multiple people died before it was stopped, right at the door where the representatives were voting to ratify an election? Not sure how this tracks.
These were not Karens, they were brainwashed idiots in a mob.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Karens? This is a cop being mortally crushed.