The Republican Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Fool me for the thousandth time, shame on me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Republican "operative" steals cat.

A group hires people to put our flyers to registered Republicans who haven't voted, and one of those people stole the cat.
Video from a neighbor's front-door camera showed the woman scooping up Bloom's cat, Sugar Baby, putting it in her car and driving off.

"Of course, I panicked," Bloom said. "I jumped in my car with my cat sitter, Grace."

Grace Smith, the cat sitter, said she also saw the catnapping.

"I didn't scream to her like in a rude way. I was just like, 'Hey.' She knew it was the person's cat," Smith said.

Bloom and Smith went looking for the catnapper's car but couldn't find her.

"I was a mess," Bloom said. "I just kept thinking the worst things possible."

The woman worked for Stampede America, a national organization that hires people to visit the homes of registered Republicans who have not yet voted.

Bloom said she called the Wake County Republican Party, which put two volunteers on the case. Stampede America's regional manager then tracked down the woman, who relinquished the cat.

The manager took Sugar Baby back to Bloom that night and said the woman had been fired.

"I really never thought I'd see her again," she said.

Stampede America declined to comment, and the county GOP hasn't responded to a request for comment.

"I have tried to think of a reason why she would do this," Bloom said.

She filed a lost property report with Garner police. Police said they will file charges against the woman only if Bloom wants to pursue the matter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Hey cap peeps do be crazy tho
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Thief + fucking with someone's pet?

Death penalty. Not kidding.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Desperate.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

They do be that way tho
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Desperate.
Is it as desperate as how Dems always fight to get military votes tossed? :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

An example of how they wanted to nitpick them to invalidate them in case you think I'm not being truthful.

Seriously this does seem to be a pretty shitty move. We're in a global pandemic and the U.S. is at the front of the pack in cases. Seems like we'd want to give voters the opportunity to vote in a safer manner.

Two things though...

Why can someone vote via drive thru, but not mail in vote? I genuinely don't know. Are they just talking about peeps who didn't apply in time or is there some qualifier?

And this part, which seems to be the real issue here:
Nine of the ten “drive-thru” voting locations in Harris County are placed in areas that vote heavily Democratic.
Call me crazy, but that seems a bit curious. Let's check in on the guy in charge of voting in Harris County. Yep, he's a Democrat.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by GORDON »

Desperate!

hehe
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Nine of the ten “drive-thru” voting locations in Harris County are placed in areas that vote heavily Democratic.
It's a heavily democratic county. I think the Republican governor's original plan was to have one drop off box for the entire 4.1 million person county. https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27 ... -drop-off/

Only one side of this election is doing wide-spread voter suppression in the middle of a Pandemic. Bordering into Tyranny. Sounds desperate to me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/opin ... icans.html
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote:
Leisher wrote:
It's a democratic county. Only one side of this election is doing wide-spread voter suppression in the middle of a Pandemic. Bordering into Tyranny. Sounds desperate to me.

That link fails at "opinion".

I really hope you understand that this is not a defense of the Rs, but ffs one party is not responsible for all the evil in the world.

Every single thing the Ds blame the Rs for the Ds have also done and vice versa. Voter intimidation, spreading falsehoods, propaganda, using laws/technicalities to try and invalidate votes, and so on. Both parties do it. Both parties do it every fucking election.

If this wasn't true, third parties would be legitimate options, but they're not because when not attacking one another, both Rs and Ds go out of their way to suppress anyone not them.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote:
Leisher wrote:
It's a democratic county. Only one side of this election is doing wide-spread voter suppression in the middle of a Pandemic. Bordering into Tyranny. Sounds desperate to me.

That link fails at "opinion".

I really hope you understand that this is not a defense of the Rs, but ffs one party is not responsible for all the evil in the world.

Every single thing the Ds blame the Rs for the Ds have also done and vice versa. Voter intimidation, spreading falsehoods, propaganda, using laws/technicalities to try and invalidate votes, and so on. Both parties do it. Both parties do it every fucking election.

If this wasn't true, third parties would be legitimate options, but they're not because when not attacking one another, both Rs and Ds go out of their way to suppress anyone not them.
I've spent some time searching, but I'm going to disagree with you unless I can something about the D's trying to throw out 100k legitimately cast R votes in a Presidential election. We aren't talking about fake ballots, these are just the voices of Americans, people.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

I posted a link above about them trying to toss military ballots on technicalities before they were even received. We've had guys standing outside polling centers with clubs. Dead people have voted in large numbers for Dems. For some reason they're very much against IDs being tied to voting. They're involved in gerrymandering just as much as Rs. And so on.

By the way, that case you posted was filed by a Senate candidate who thinks he's being unfairly screwed over by the actions of that Harris County official. Trump's name wasn't even mentioned in the stuff I read. But yes, there's also the presidential election going on.

But yeah, the Rs suck for trying to squash 100K legitimate votes, although this CNN pundit has a different thought about the situation that the guy from the Slate you posted: I mean, what's next for the evil Rs, who are clearly worse than Nazis? I'm guessing they'll try to invalidate millions of legal votes by removing the Electoral College...
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

What's she's saying doesn't make the Texas R's look any better though?

Just because something is unlikely to happen legally doesn't mean it wasn't initiated, with considerable resources, by the Texas GOP. If it is (as she notes unlikely) allowed by the Judge who now has the lawsuit, it would be absolutely tyrannical.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: What's she's saying doesn't make the Texas R's look any better though?
She's not defending them, but she is saying the guy from Slate is sensationalizing the story. And I honestly don't know enough about the election laws to comment on that particular case further. Thus, I have no idea what she means about "no legit votes will be invalidated". Maybe those folks will be able to vote again Tuesday? Let's see what this judge rules on Monday.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the end of this Steelers game (4th Q) and play some Pillars of Eternity. It's Sunday and talking to you about how our democracy sucks isn't helping me relax. :D
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

In California, it took us maybe one full minute to vote for President, 5 to vote NO on some stupid referendems, and another to put it in the mail. Then watched online as my ballot move through the system using my unique Identifier until it was recorded. It should be that easy.

1 drop off in a county of 4.1 million is criminal. It's 2020!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

In 2020, we should all be able to vote online from the comfort of our sofa.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: In 2020, we should all be able to vote online from the comfort of our sofa.
BLOCKCHAIN
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Republican Party

Post by Leisher »

You know how there are Dems, and then there are the insane left of that party/side of the political spectrum before you get to the extremists?

Trump is helping that line get drawn on the right.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

Sticky situation prying Georgia Trump voters away from Trump and focusing them on the Senate run-offs.

Can only imagine the things Trump is being offered by his own party to go quietly and stump in Georgia. RNC would be very happy if he went out out yelling about whatever conspiracy theory he wants if it electrifies the base...

Except you can't air the conspiracy theories Sidney Powell was yelling about, apparently.
Troy

The Republican Party

Post by Troy »

The before post is "how things started"

Here's the "how things are going"